AquaRite No Flow

Minaldo

May 25, 2019
I have the steady red no flow light. I installed a new flow switch, I still have the no flow light.

Is it the generator itself, or could the swg's control panel be the issue ?

The SWG system is over 10 years - maybe I should get a new control panel and new generator.

I'd prefer not to shell out all that money, so if anyone has ideas for a fix I'd appreciate it (maybe acid wash the generator).

Thanks

M,

Just making sure on the flow... Seems to me that if you installed a new flow switch (in the right direction) that the controller connection or the controller itself would be bad..

But let's see what one of our experts has to say.... Calling @JamesW

Thanks,

Jim R.

What are the diagnostic readings?

Move the switch to off. Then, get a phone jack type cord to plug in with the wires tied together.

This will simulate a closed flow switch.

See if that works.

Note: This is only a test. Do not leave the test flow switch in. Make sure that you have good flow in case the cell begins to generate.

Thanks. Fairly certain I have good flow - I can see powerful flow back into the pool. Can water be flowing into the pool but somehow not be passing though the salt generator - is that possible ?

I was wondering if perhaps the control panel's circuit board went bad. A new OEM circuit board is around $200.

Thanks

What are the diagnostic readings?

Move the switch to off. Then, get a phone jack type cord to plug in with the wires tied together.

This will simulate a closed flow switch.

See if that works.

Note: This is only a test. Do not leave the test flow switch in. Make sure that you have good flow in case the cell begins to generate.

Do you have a picture of the system?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.