AquaRite No Flow

Minaldo

May 25, 2019
I have the steady red no flow light. I installed a new flow switch, I still have the no flow light.

Is it the generator itself, or could the swg's control panel be the issue ?

The SWG system is over 10 years - maybe I should get a new control panel and new generator.

I'd prefer not to shell out all that money, so if anyone has ideas for a fix I'd appreciate it (maybe acid wash the generator).

Thanks

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
M,

Do you have good flow of water back to your pool?

What kind of pump do you have, VS, single speed or 2-speed???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Minaldo

May 25, 2019
great flow to the pool. single speed pump. Pool is in great shape, except for the no flow light on the swg panal

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
M,

Just making sure on the flow... Seems to me that if you installed a new flow switch (in the right direction) that the controller connection or the controller itself would be bad..

But let's see what one of our experts has to say.... Calling @JamesW

Thanks,

Jim R.

Minaldo

May 25, 2019
Thanks - the flow switch is in the correct direction - it has arrows on it showing direction of flow.
I tried to

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
What are the diagnostic readings?

Move the switch to off. Then, get a phone jack type cord to plug in with the wires tied together.

This will simulate a closed flow switch.

See if that works.

Note: This is only a test. Do not leave the test flow switch in. Make sure that you have good flow in case the cell begins to generate.

Minaldo

May 25, 2019
Thanks. Fairly certain I have good flow - I can see powerful flow back into the pool. Can water be flowing into the pool but somehow not be passing though the salt generator - is that possible ?

I was wondering if perhaps the control panel's circuit board went bad. A new OEM circuit board is around $200.

Thanks

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
What are the diagnostic readings?

Move the switch to off. Then, get a phone jack type cord to plug in with the wires tied together.

This will simulate a closed flow switch.

See if that works.

Note: This is only a test. Do not leave the test flow switch in. Make sure that you have good flow in case the cell begins to generate.

Do you have a picture of the system?