AquaPure plus iAqualink - Questions

foozed

Mar 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have Similar issues I’ve seen here where I can set a number in aqualink but the control panel of the aqua pure always shows 0%.
This is a brand new setup part of my recently completed pool.
My pool builder is useless so there’s no recourse going back to him.

I can enable boost from the aqualink and it works ok and I see the “cell on” status.
However when running more normal mode aqualink always shows 0 and I never see “cell on”.

Oddly enough it may be producing chlorine but I’m only 1 day into that test.

You are accessing the adjustments through the old school looking web interface on the top right Correct? It should show current production, provide the boost button, output adjustment and will display salinity when in operation. If it’s not working correctly, your pool guy needs to investigate, and if they can’t figure it out, call jandy to send someone to fix it. Otherwise, you will be paying out of pocket to have someone troubleshoot and repair thier installation (which is covered by jandy’s warranty (if it was installed properly) and turns out itis an equipment issue.

If the builder refuses to make repairs, you’ll likely need to send a notice certified mail indicating you will file a suit to recover any out of pocket costs to fix any issues with the pool that should have been covered under the warranties.

curious though, why are you considering the builder as useless and not making him fix things? These systems are pretty easy to install and troubleshoot even for a not so skilled builder.

As an fyi, when my system was newly finished, the heater didn’t work. Builder came out and couldnt figure it out so called jandy and they sent a tech by the next day. Turned out the control wire (installed by the builder) had a break in the wire. Replaced it and was working fine. Builder said jandy didn’t even charge him for the work as he sells alot of jandy equipment....

When you hit boost in aqualink what does the display panel read?

I just tried mine and it flashes between the current % and JB. So 40% and then JB.

Have you tried pressing the arrow keys on the display panel? Will that increase/decrease the percentage? Is so the wiring control James mentioned is not hooked up correctly.

You are accessing the adjustments through the old school looking web interface on the top right Correct? It should show current production, provide the boost button, output adjustment and will display salinity when in operation. If it’s not working correctly, your pool guy needs to investigate, and if they can’t figure it out, call jandy to send someone to fix it. Otherwise, you will be paying out of pocket to have someone troubleshoot and repair thier installation (which is covered by jandy’s warranty (if it was installed properly) and turns out itis an equipment issue.

If the builder refuses to make repairs, you’ll likely need to send a notice certified mail indicating you will file a suit to recover any out of pocket costs to fix any issues with the pool that should have been covered under the warranties.

curious though, why are you considering the builer as useless and not making him fix things?

Ok thanks. Yes that’s how I’m accessing it and it shows salinity and boost but never shows the percent production.

The builder is not responsive and every time they step foot on my property they break something and have every creative excuse in the world.
I’m sure it sounds like I’m just frustrated but here’s the latest example.

My pool had water put in 10 weeks ago.
THey had been promising me they would be back to put salt in and finish configuring the controller for 6 weeks.
I finally had an attorney send a letter and engaged our local news station who called them and they came to do my salt last week and finish connecting the aqua pure wires.

Afterwards the aqua pure was reading a fault and showing a salinity of 12700.
I could only confirm salt to 5000 with my tests.
My local store wa able to confirm at least 6500 but their tester didn’t go any higher either.
I was able to get the owner on the phone to tell him what happened and miraculously hey sent a water truck the next day. We had to drain 75% of the pool and refill to get the salt level to 3300.

So will I call and report how the aqua link isn’t working? Sure.
But I can’t expect them to do anyThing about it anytime soon.

When you hit boost in aqualink what does the display panel read?

I just tried mine and it flashes between the current % and JB. So 40% and then JB.

Have you tried pressing the arrow keys on the display panel? Will that increase/decrease the percentage? Is so the wiring control James mentioned is not hooked up correctly.

When I do a boost The aqualink panel shows JB and 00%.
The iAquaLink app shows boost and the time left.
If I press the up down arrows on the panel it beeps and says ja and goes back to 00%

Actually, waiting to add salt is critical to a proper cure so later is better than earlier but sounds like they sent out some rookie that doesn’t know his stuff. At least they finally rectified it by removing water. Perhaps now they know you mean business so will be a little more responsive to correcting issues going forward? As other said, there is a 4 wire cable that connects from the aquapure to the iaqualink control panel assuming you have a power panel and separate aquapure panel (Although they should have installed a single panel with aquapure built in as it’s a cleaner and easier installation with fewer external wires). Send a few pics of your set up (boxes and wiring) and maybe someone can spot an obvious error.

Yes pictures please.

Can you confirm your pool is in pool mode and not spa mode first. Also try this in the web interface once you have the pump running as the aquapure should be powered down when the pump is off

1) go to set aquapure.
2) Tap pool on the left hand side (the icon should now be highlighted.)
3) on the right hand side enter 40 and hit enter
4) look at the pool icon it should now have a 40 under pool
5) tap status on the bottom right. Aquapure should say 40%

If it doesn’t there could be a wiring issue. Check the panel does it say cell on and flow?

Pics of the equipment wiring.
Let me know if I need to take a picture of anything else.
B5WAEof.jpg

566kgTG.jpg

ANp6GSe.jpg

VAG0bA3.jpg

Wj13ytm.jpg

iKTLoDB.jpg

PScayb3.jpg

nFIJ3Jg.jpg

Pics of the equipment wiring.
Let me know if I need to take a picture of anything else.
Wj13ytm.jpg

iKTLoDB.jpg

PScayb3.jpg

If you decide to DIY, I would focus on the 4-wire comms connections first. Follow the green/yellow/black/red from the top of the middle picture (AP board). It probably goes to the multiplex board in the bottom picture, but it could go directly to one of the two 4-pin connectors at the bottom left of the top picture (the Aqualink board).

Make sure all g/y/b/r connections are secure in each of the 3 pictures.

The yellow wire on the left of the multiplex board (bottom picture) looks like it could be loose.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes pictures please.

Can you confirm your pool is in pool mode and not spa mode first. Also try this in the web interface once you have the pump running as the aquapure should be powered down when the pump is off

1) go to set aquapure.
2) Tap pool on the left hand side (the icon should now be highlighted.)
3) on the right hand side enter 40 and hit enter
4) look at the pool icon it should now have a 40 under pool
5) tap status on the bottom right. Aquapure should say 40%

If it doesn’t there could be a wiring issue. Check the panel does it say cell on and flow?

Did you try this?

When you use iAquaLink to put it into boost does the led next to cell on go on?

Did you try this?

When you use iAquaLink to put it into boost does the led next to cell on go on?

Just tried this. The aqua pure does shut off when the pump is off.

Flow shows on. It retains 40 in iAquaLink on the Pool button but it remains as 00 on the panel and cell does not show on. Pressing status also shows 0%.

If I enable boost from iAquaLink it does show cell on but 00 on the panel.
rdJ3q4N.png

MENU > SET AQUAPURE > SET CHLORINE PRODUCTION

Press menu, select set aquapure, select set chlorine production, press pool button, enter percentage, press enter.

Your aquapure setting is showing 0% in the iaqualink. You need to change that.

MENU > SET AQUAPURE > SET CHLORINE PRODUCTION

Press menu, select set aquapure, select set chlorine production, press pool button, enter percentage, press enter.

Your aquapure setting is showing 0% in the iaqualink. You need to change that.

James that’s what we’re troubleshooting. I perform those steps but it doesn’t actually take at the aqua pure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.