Aquapure 1400 not generating chlorine

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
No error codes. I just got this cell to replace old one that was throwing code 121. I checked cell voltage and it was 29.8 volts both ways.
I did notice that center pin was sparking when I removed and replaced the cable. I don't remember that happening previously. No matter what I can't get codes to throw so I'm at a loss.

My. Salt is showing about 2.9 to 3 on the screen. I know it's a bit low but that shouldn't cause this I don't think?

pH 7.5. Chlorine running at .5 right now. Stabilizer was around 60. It may have dropped with rain or whatever but I was at chlorine of 3 or better before replacing cell this past weekend

Did you replace the power cord?

What cell did you get?

Does everything appear to be working?

Why do you think that it's not making chlorine?

You can check the current going to the cell to see what that shows.

Yes and tried another as well. Both reading same. I think I have another one here as well that I could try not voltage seems good.
Cell is jandy plc 1400 cell. Yes appears to work but other cell that was half dead held pool at 3 chlorine and this is at .5

Last edited:
Check the amperage going to the cell.

You can use a clamp ammeter or an inline meter to measure dc amps.

Tap in at the 1/4" spade terminals where the power cord plugs on.

Note: Only do what you know that you can do safely. If you're not sure about what to do, don't do it. Do at your own risk.

Most likely, it's working ok.

You should measure about 6 to 8 amps DC.

I suspect that the unit is probably working correctly.

This video shows the basic procedure to test amperage.

You just put the meter inline with one of the wires.

Note: Don't do this if you're not 100% sure that you understand exactly how to do it or you can damage the meter and/or SWG.

The leads have to be in the correct terminals. Show a picture of how you are going to test to verify the procedure if you're not sure.

Once you do the test, switch the leads back before you do a voltage test or you will short the meter.

You can also use a clamp ammeter to check the amperage.

There are several videos on Youtube about using a multimeter or clamp ammeter to test amperage.

Don't do anything that you're not 100% sure that you can do safely.

Do at your own risk.

Any other way to confirm its working right? Could salt being too low affect it? I read in a previous thread from years back someone said loosen the fitting after the cell and test the water that leaks out to see if it's producing chlorine.

You need to get the chlorine level up add some bleach.

Do an OCLT and report the findings. I suspect the unit is working as it should, since there are no error codes, and you have nascent algae consuming the chlorine as fast as the SWG can make it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.