Aqualink issues

swan771

May 2, 2019
Palo Cedro, CA
Hi all, I am hoping someone here in an Aqualink expert as my pool contractor is not responsive. A few days ago I went to turn off the spa heater, jets, light etc when we were done using and could not get a connection to the aqualink via my phone app or on desktop. This happens occasionally and resolves usually within a few minutes. After an hour I needed to go to bed so just switched into service mode at the panel which turned everything off. Next morning, still no connection so I reset the Aqualink and reconnected to our home network. It will hold a connection for 30 seconds or so, not even enough time to turn off the spa in the app before it loses connection again. Repeat 30 or so times in 24 hours with the same result. So for now I have to manually turn on the filter pump at the service panel and remember to turn it off. lol
Pool was completed 1 year + 2 weeks ago. Internet is not the problem, we have fiber optic, a good signal at the panel location, and no issues with it working on any other device.

Is my Aqualink dust?

What router and WiFi do you have?
we have fiber optic internet and I just ran a speed test 107 down/29 up. The router is a Netgear Orbi system with extenders and has not changed since the pool install last year and connects to every other smart device in our house including solar, thermostat, etc. with no issue. When I am standing right at the i Aqualink I have 3-4 bars of signal on my phone.

we have fiber optic internet and I just ran a speed test 107 down/29 up. The router is a Netgear Orbi system with extenders and has not changed since the pool install last year and connects to every other smart device in our house including solar, thermostat, etc. with no issue. When I am standing right at the i Aqualink I have 3-4 bars of signal on my phone.

All those fancy details mean nothing in the antiquated way the Aqualink tries to connect to WiFi with the sophisticated Orbi. There is an incomparability between the two. Read the threads below.

Check what wifi password encryption protocal you are using - WPA, WPA2, WPS. Some are incompatible with the Aqualink. You can try calling Jandy for support. They have helped some and not others. Or you can find an old Linksys and plug that into the Orbi and use it to connect to the Aqualink.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.