IAQUALINK 2.0 IQ20 Issues

telcoed

Dec 11, 2019
San Diego
Moved from here.

Guys,

About a year ago upgraded my Jandy power Control center to Zodiac iAquaLink 2.0 Upgrade Kit for RS Systems | IQ20-RS that uses IQ20-A comms module.

Everything worked fine for about a year, but 3 days ago I lost WiFi connectivity. Went through troubleshooting steps, but Aqualink wifi SSID does not show up on any on my devices (iphone, laptops, etc). I did not change my router.

I switched to Ethernet cable mode and I got connectivity.

I even tried WPS method that my router supports - no luck.

Power cycling, double toggling wifi/ethernet switch - nothing works.

Talked to zodiac support, tried his procedure, and the person confirmed I am out of luck...

Anybody had similar issue and have been able to revive the wifi connection on the IQ20-A?

Is there a management IP/Port I can access on the device to see what's going on?

I will try replacing the PX/U.fl Pigtail rf connector with wifi antenna - see if that helps.

It is unfortunate to see that the comms module replacement cost $300, and only lasts a year or. Definitely not giving more $ for Zodiac.

Tomas
My IQ20 is a few years old and I also just lost my WiFi connection for no reason. I tried numerous times to reestablish to no avail.
I bought a Netgear WiFi range extender to hook up with my ORBI. Once I did this and hard wired the connection my system showed back on my iPhone. Then I disconnected and tried again on my Orbi vial iPhone and it recognized my WiFi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try changing your WiFi cipher/security. I had a Zodiac device that wouldn't work and it turned out the security scheme was unsupported.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.