AquaLink Handheld and iAquaLink Not Connecting

scalbert

Sep 21, 2022
Woodstock, GA
As the subject says, the PDA handheld won't connect and says waiting. iAquaLink shows no connection (Red dot). It did this yesterday and I changed out the CR2032 battery in the panel and it worked. But today it stopped working again. I'm leaning towards a falling RS485 interface but wouldn't mind the input of others.

The system is operating fine. I just hate that I can't see or control anything.

Thanks for any input.

I didn't open the boxes and I have read the wiki which is where I assume it is the RS485 interface (see quote below from wiki). I replaced the battery and it worked for a bit. Since iAquaLink is Wi-Fi and not the RF that the PDA is on and both have failed, the common item is they both use the RS485 bus. But I am open to suggestions though. I did check the wires and they are good.

If the issue persists, you may have a failed front board, the RS485 connection can be bad on either end, the wires can be bad, etc. Typically, changing the channel and/or replacing the battery will resolve the issue.

Are the J-box and WiFi connected to the same terminal block or separate like below?

450px-JandyCTLinstalled.jpg

Reactions: scalbert
Thanks, will try the changes soon. Was 50 degrees when I changed the battery last night and it worked for a while after that. Now it is 16 degrees and I'm not equipped to work on it at these temps.

Fortunately, the system is working. I just wanted to monitor the temperatures. Freeze protect is obviously active. The heater is working overtime as the pool setpoint is 50 F and the spa is 100 F. The spa spills into the pool but still have it cycling modes so the return from the spa has movement every 30 minutes.

Thanks for all the suggestion.

Finally got around to taking a look. I found the RS485 cable coming off the board and running to the RS485 distribution block was pinched between two panels and was crimped. Once pulled out, it started communicating. I'm going to replace it soon. Would have today but didn't have any multiconductor cable at the house smaller than 18 gauge. It would have been tough getting 18g into those terminals and I have some twisted multi-conductor 22 gauge at my office.

Only thing I can figure is that the is a small break but still contacting some time. The cold may have allowed it to contract enough to open up. Just a guess but at least a step.

As a side note, how would I have been able to tell it to go to spa mode without the app or handheld PDA?

Reactions: guinness
As a side note, how would I have been able to tell it to go to spa mode without the app or handheld PDA?

Right most VALVES button on outside panel lets you change to SPA mode.

20221222_173452-jpg.466099

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.