AquaBrite Eco Finish remodel: $32,000?

OliviaT

Sep 9, 2021
Santa Rosa, CA
We’re remodeling our 50x15’ 28k gallon pool in Sonoma county, northern CA. The plaster is discolored but otherwise in good shape, making it a good candidate to resurface with AquaBrite Eco Finish. (Liked the smooth surface and easy startup promise.)

Our PB finally got the quote back (it took a few weeks): an additional $32,000 (over the originally budgeted new plaster). Is this in line with what you’ve seen? I’ve read all the threads on Eco Finish here and saw limited pricing info, but was surprised.

That is a pricey quote. See this post from @bdavis466 who used to install Aquabrite in So Cal on why it is an expensive product...

Reactions: OliviaT
Your pool is 4X larger than mine. I had my circa 1984 IG FG ~6K gallon pool repaired and refinished with AB Blue Mist and it was $7,500. I'm not sure what the pricing is based on (size, hours to complete, etc.) , but your quote is not quite 4X what mine was as a comparison.

Reactions: OliviaT
There is always the neighborhood price upgrade. We get that in our little spot here in Santa Cruz. If I can get a quote before someone sees our house it is always lower. I don't mind paying a good hourly rate for a craftsman to do work on our home - but when I feel like I am getting the neighborhood "discount"/markup it really bugs me. My neighbor was just quoted a $1000 to have a 6ft dryer vent replaced in a location with a easily accessible crawlspace. The tech who showed up was afraid of cutting the final vent location in stucco...hey this is California - it's not like we don't have a lot of stucco homes around here.

He decided to do the job himself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.