Aquabot X4

Fabio85

May 10, 2020
San Jose
Hello everyone, my name is Fabio, I'm a new pool owner.

My pool has been neglected for over a month during the home ownership change, and it accumulated a lot of dirt in the bottom.
I bought an Aquabot X4 to clean it up.
Yesterday I run it for 7 hours straight with the filter also running, and the robots stirred the water up and made it extremely cloudy.
I let the filter run overnight and this morning the water is clearing up and I'm noticing that the dirt is re-depositing on the bottom.

Not I'm considering if giving the Aquabot another chance and see if this time it does a better job or just replacing it with another model..

Anybody had similar experience?

Any suggestion would be very welcome!

Thanks a lot,
Fabio

Fabio,
Welcome, You've arrived at the best place for pool care. Firstly to answer your concerns regarding the robot and filters, the only way to sanitize the pool will be through the use of chlorine. Filters and robots will not bring your pool around without proper chemicals which brings me to the next subject. In order to be helped you'll need to do a set of tests on the water to see what your dealing with. I highly recommend you read pool school and see recommended test kits compared. While you wait for your kit to arrive get 5ppm chlorine into the pool as per pool math.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.