Houma, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So I finally got the wires fixed at the plug connection by the pump. Somehow, I guess over time, the connection leaked and fried the pins. I made a repair I found online by splicing the wires, liquid electrical tape and then double heat shrinking the spliced area. Seems to be working great.

However, I had a certain problem before that I thought was a timer issue. So I purchased another power supply. Well recently I noticed that the same problem is still happening. After a time the rover will stay moving in the same direction and not reverse, even when the timer switched off, then back on. I thought I am having the same issue with the timer. Upon further investigation, the timer actually controls the pump on/off, which then pushes a flow of water through the exhaust chamber. When doing this the baffle is supposed to change which way it closes. That doesn't seem to be happening and the baffle gets stuck in the same direction. The result is the exhaust flow is the same all the time, unless I manually change it.
My dumb self thought it was the timer that controlled the direction of the impeller, but the impeller is always blowing up. In essence, the power supply was not the issue at first and there was no need for me to buy a new power supply. Chalk that up to being dumb and not checking in here first.

That said, how/what can I do to fix the baffle/exhaust plate, so that it will work correctly? It seems the bar that makes the baffle change sides is not working correctly all the time. Does the flat spring wear to a point that there is not enough pressure. Or is the lack of directional change an indication that the filter bag needs cleaning? A dirty bag will limit water flow, which in turn causes the impeller to not have a strong flow to trigger the baffle to swap sides. Is this the correct conclusion to how the pool rover hybrid works?

Any input is appreciated.

I found debris stuck in one of the flaps on my Pool Rover Jr. It was preventing it from changing directions.

I took the exhaust assembly out of the main frame and inspected it. Didn't see anything obvious. Messed with the bar some and noticed the takes a bit of pressure to get the baffle to switch sides and stay. Seems the water flow isn't enough at times. Which could indicate the filter bag needs cleaning. I will admit, I only clean it once a week and it is ran just about every day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.