Aqua trol RJ

May 19, 2021
New York
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have seen a few posts here about the timer setting, clock setting and using it successfully. I can't believe there is so little in terms of documentation about this. It should be simple.

I am able to spin the large dial clockwise and get it to the current time at the black arrow. Even though it felt like it was grinding away inside. I am then able to move the timer switches in or out but there is no impact on the pump/filter/SWG when it should turn on. This is after setting to Auto.

I notice I am not able to click the pump to On when it is close to the timer setting to start the pump. Confusing as I thought the pump should turn on when the timer says it should.

What is the purpose of the inner dial? Do I need to do anything with that?

I feel half stupid for not figuring it out and half mad at such a feeble attempt to document this for end users.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. The timer and inside time dial do not match. When I spin the dial to set the time, which feels way harder to accomplish than I think it should, the inner dial time does not match. I feel like something is wrong physically with the timer. I'm not sure how to get the timers to read the same time and have no idea when the timer will work or if it does. Further testing today but this stinks. Brand new unit and broken timer?

Anyone ever have this problem?

Post a pic of your timer dial if this does not help...

Thanks. The timer and inside time dial do not match. When I spin the dial to set the time, which feels way harder to accomplish than I think it should, the inner dial time does not match. I feel like something is wrong physically with the timer. I'm not sure how to get the timers to read the same time and have no idea when the timer will work or if it does. Further testing today but this stinks. Brand new unit and broken timer?

I just posted similar and saw your post now. My inner clock and outside doesn’t match either. I’m also finding that my outside clock doesn’t follow the physical time all day. In the morning I set it to match the actual time (the outside part) then I check later in the day at 3pm and it will only say 1p.
It’s a 2 week old system.

Reactions: amoondoe
I just posted similar and saw your post now. My inner clock and outside doesn’t match either. I’m also finding that my outside clock doesn’t follow the physical time all day. In the morning I set it to match the actual time (the outside part) then I check later in the day at 3pm and it will only say 1p.
It’s a 2 week old system.
I have the same problem. And can't find any answers.

I have the exact same issue, I cannot find a fix for this

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.