Anyone want to take a stab at writing a "how to" guide...

Sean, again, good idea. :) Wish I could help, but I am pretty much a newbie wanting to read about them!

I could tell you what we do for our pool & equipment, etc. in SC, but that would not help anyone in a colder climate. :shock:

If no one decides to accept the mantle of responsibility to write, perhaps we could all chime in with our own versions. You would end up with lots and lots of "this is how I open/close my pool in Main Street, USA".

The more voices the better.

Just an idea :roll:

Joyce

Will you be sure to differentiate between routines for AG and IG on the closing especially? There are some very substanital differences there. Thanks.

There are also plenty of differences by how far North you are and by preference as well. There are many workable ways to close a pool. I will try to write up the approach I use for my in-ground pool as soon as I have a moment.

What does "close a pool" mean? :)

We have heard of this phenomenon where water becomes very hard at low termperatures, but have never witnessed it. Personally, we put these outlandish claims in the same category as UFO's and Big Foot.

Titanium

P.S. Just kidding. We did end up with half an inch of ice on the pool last year. Once.

I can go ahead and type up our process for closing an AG pool using a cover where a solid freeze is possible. Hows that? Those are the differing factors - someone who has an AG where it does not freeze or where a cover is not required would have a different procedure - also someone who has a skimmer cover/seal and does not drain partially. We drain partially.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.