Anyone tried the "cheaper" LED light bulbs sold on Amazon?

Aug 15, 2017
Bow, NH.
We recently re-plastered and re-tiled our 30K gallon IG pool. As fun as that was on our bank account, the crew seems to have killed both our main 500w lights. I can see one of the housings is flooded, so I guess it was a little "too much" manipulation during construction. As I think about fixing them, I'm once again drawn to the thought of LED (and colors) for both power savings and flexibility. I absolutely refuse to pay $500 for a pool light.
So, my question to the group is, has anyone found any joy with some of the cheaper 120v replacement LED lights that don't cost an arm and leg?

I've found things like this on Amazon which cost-wise, appear much more reasonable:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TZPK...colid=3THITSX67NOY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

and this

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0738284MN/?coliid=I1FUCN3E0NI0VS&colid=3THITSX67NOY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I like the idea of the remote since the "power toggle trick" is going to cause havoc with two lights on the same circuit staying in sync.
I have two main pool lights and a spa light. The spa light is much smaller and still works, but is so bright, that people don't like to use it. Again, having flexibility of color would be great.

Thanks for any and all advice,

Doug

I have had a fit trying to keep mine dry inside. Never filled with water but seems to get moisture inside and the bulbs don’t last.
I went back to a regular bulb but boss lady said she liked the LED and if it cost $100 a year it’s worth it so might try again.

Reactions: Lineman7
Thanks Mark, I shall investigate!
In my official opinion I think they maybe design more for a pool. Part of the issue i think is heat and the electronics inside.
I have debated swapping out my whole light but this last time it seemed to seal better. I always buy new gaskets but added a thin layer of pool lube where the gasket slides into the housing.

Reactions: Lineman7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.