Anyone know what this is or how to remove it?

dallasaggie

Jan 29, 2019
Dallas, TX
E8EE82D0-FD36-4972-B557-D67E8920F400.jpegF1DDF989-E112-45B5-93D8-AF75B19197B2.jpeg3AED833A-208C-407A-8C50-25F5DC9D5420.jpeg

This is on the side of our deck and we have no clue what it is. Best guess is some sort of natural gas line for a previous heater or grill but I haven’t found any similar pictures online.

Current plan is to cover it with some sort of plastic so someone doesn’t slice their foot open, but I’d love to get rid of it. I’ve tried digging deeper but it’s pretty solid.

Any guesses?

No idea but I would cover it for the hot time then in Dec or Jan when it is good and cool I would go digging.

Do you have a gas line run to the house that you know of? It does look like it could be gas/propane kind of line.

Looks like copper pipe which is not (supposed) to be used for gas lines. Possibly was an auto-fill. I would dig down and remove it at least a foot below the surface. Isn't much a good sawsall blade won't slice through.

Looks like a grill post and gas supply. Had something very similar back in the day.

This is a good point. It probably was especially if that deck has always been right there. They probably were selling the house and that may not have been up to code so they just removed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.