Any way to schedule intellicenter super chlorinate?

Follow the SLAM process, followed by the Mustard Algae protocol.

Thank you, I did.

Though I didn't do this... "If you have underwater lights, they should be removed from their niche and the niche brushed out, and then the lights replaced."

My understanding was FC @ 2-3 ppm was the right level.
Could you please tell me what it should be?

Edit. Looks like I misread this chart. I guess 3-5 is the correct level?

1652988434934.png

Last edited:
Thank you, I did.

Though I didn't do this... "If you have underwater lights, they should be removed from their niche and the niche brushed out, and then the lights replaced."

Edit. Looks like I misread this chart. I guess 3-5 is the correct level.

View attachment 412624
FC/CYA Levels
Recommended Levels

Reactions: PdInc

P,

I can tell by that question that you have never done a SLAM. To do a SLAM you have to understand how to maintain the proper CYA to FC relationship for normal operation, as well as the level needed to run a SLAM.

Tell us what your CYA level is...

See this Chart. Note that there three tabs.. Standard Chlorine pools. Saltwater pools, and SLAM levels... all based on your CYA level

Keep in mind that a SLAM is a process, and can take days, depending on how much algae you have. It is not a one-time "dump in a bunch of chlorine," and you are done deal.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I can tell by that question that you have never done a SLAM. To do a SLAM you have to understand how to maintain the proper CYA to FC relationship for normal operation, as well as the level needed to run a SLAM.

That may be a tad strong of a statement.

As I first stated, I did wing the SLAM on the first attempt, but went by the book on the second attempt. My CYA (using strips) is 40-60. I SLAMMED according to the calculator and it lasted 5 days and 4 nights. It was checked regularly with the Taylor K1515A kit and added the bleach as needed to keep the numbers up till I passed the overnight FC test.

My mistake (I guess) was misreading the chart and letting the FC drop to 2. But I am surprised how fast the algae returned once the FC dropped.

1652989222350.png

I suggest the TF-100 or Taylor K2006C. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

That may be a tad strong of a statement.

P,

I did not mean for my post to sound as harsh as it did when I re-read it... :mrgreen:

The SLAM level for a CYA of 60 is 24 ppm, and I did not get the feeling that is what you did. Was I wrong???

I was trying to say that if you understood the relationship between your CYA and FC, you would not have thought that an FC of 2 to 3 was ok.

With a CYA of 60, your target FC is 4 ppm. This means you should try to keep your FC at 4 or above. You should look at the minimum FC of 3 as a cliff that you never want to fall off. When using a SWCG, if you try to keep your FC between 3 and 4 is just way too much work. Keeping your FC at 4 or above is pretty darn easy.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.