Any way to schedule intellicenter super chlorinate?

In my 9 years of pool ownership with an SWG I have never had to superchlorinate. It’s bad for the SWG cell life time. If you need to raise FC to high levels, using liquid chlorine is the best and most efficient option.

That said, there is a way to activate superchlorination on the EasyTouch but no way to schedule it. I suspect the IntelliCenter is the same

Reactions: PdInc
If you have to run super-chlorinate, you are doing something wrong.

Well, because after the last few days of blustery weather here, I noticed a bit of "mustard" algae in/on the skimmer intake. I have the IntelliChlor running at about 7% which seems to keep the chlorine test strips right where they should be but had to brush the "yellow" off the intake.
Thanks

Pd,

You are feeding the wrong end of the horse... :mrgreen:

If you can see algae, it means that you are keeping your FC way too low.

See the saltwater section of this chart. FC/CYA Levels

You can add a little chlorine and make the algae kind of go away, but it will still be there. What I would suggest is that you do a SLAM process. If you follow the directions, a SLAM will actually kill the algae, so that it won't keep coming back.

SLAM Process

Back to your original question.. I don't think there is anyway to automate the Super-chlorinate mode.

If you keep your FC and CYA in the proper relationship, you never have to add bags of pool store shock or super-chlorinate.

You really should take a read through our pool school and see what we are all about.. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thanks,

Jim R.

Y'alls like pool school on a Sunday. :laughblue:

I'm on mobile and I found a way in. At the bottom of the page, click on 'old pool math webpage'

Then 'ABC of chemistry'

Then scroll down 2 or 3 pages to the CC section and click the SLAM link.

If that doesn't work, clear you cache/history and log back into TFP

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Try as I might, pool school is closed. Any link on the front page just returns to the same page.
Is tuition required?

No tuition required.

What browser are you using?

If Chrome or Edge then try Firefox. Chrome seems to have some problems with the TFP site.

Clearing your cache in Chrome often gets it to work.

@Leebo

iPad & Edge.
I see it’s a Xenforo site, one of the most popular platforms. So not sure what the issue is.

Try Safari, not Edge. Edge is Chrome based which has the problems.

Thanks, but iPad *is* safari.
Safari is the Apple web browser that is standard in iPadOS. Edge is a browser app from Microsoft that you loaded.

This is what Safari looks like…

C93E7B62-F783-414B-A086-41995E4C8976.png

OK, help please, Dang mustard algae! - 15k gallon pool/spa combo.

I've slammed twice now. The first time I didn't use the proper test kit, I winged it for three days with test strips. Added probably 5 jugs of Lowes 8% bleach over about 4 days (2 jugs to start).

Couple weeks later - it's back.

So now I order the test kit and SLAM according to the directions here. Took about the same, 3-4 days but at the end the pool passed the overnight FC loss test.

In fact it took a few more days to figure out the new Intellichlor % setting to bring the FC level down to 2.0ish. (25% on the intellichlor). So the FC level test for several days after was always above 2 and initially up around 5.

And the Dang algae is back! Not as bad, just a few walls on the shady side, but it's back.

I tossed every pool tool in while SLAMMING so I don't think I reintroduced the algae, but I'm at a loss now on how to get rid of the dang mustard.

Any more suggestions?!?!

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.