Another Vegas OB

Look like they did that lower jet cutout correctly, can’t wait to see how they work.
Hey Roy,
Yep, had the niche here to show them how it had to be done. Still had to do some chipping, mostly rebound that was stuck on pretty good. We did the bench with one manifold and 6 each 1“ jets. Hindsight I would have angled the manifold more, but space was tight as it was. We added about 2” of thickness to each wall of the spa to keep the rebar depth right and have enough mud behind the manifolds. Walls are about 14” now.

All the Waterways jets went in super easy. I set the niches, the bodies and jet internals in a couple hours. With a little planning, anyone with a spa should be using at least the single jet if not the manifold, IMO. Adds some cost but having the ability to change the jet internal and adjust the flow makes a big improvement to a gunite spa, at least to me anyway. Hindsight (again, lol) I would recommend planning on 14” minimum wall thickness, setting the waterways manifold the minimum from the outside of the spa wall, if that makes sense. The docs give a minimum from the inside and if you are off, it’s a problem. One is of mine is too tight to use the power storm on the bottom, so I used the Poly Storm instead. Live and learn.

Hey Roy,
Yep, had the niche here to show them how it had to be done. Still had to do some chipping, mostly rebound that was stuck on pretty good. We did the bench with one manifold and 6 each 1“ jets. Hindsight I would have angled the manifold more, but space was tight as it was. We added about 2” of thickness to each wall of the spa to keep the rebar depth right and have enough mud behind the manifolds. Walls are about 14” now.

All the Waterways jets went in super easy. I set the niches, the bodies and jet internals in a couple hours. With a little planning, anyone with a spa should be using at least the single jet if not the manifold, IMO. Adds some cost but having the ability to change the jet internal and adjust the flow makes a big improvement to a gunite spa, at least to me anyway. Hindsight (again, lol) I would recommend planning on 14” minimum wall thickness, setting the waterways manifold the minimum from the outside of the spa wall, if that makes sense. The docs give a minimum from the inside and if you are off, it’s a problem. One is of mine is too tight to use the power storm on the bottom, so I used the Poly Storm instead. Live and learn.
Which jets do you recommend because I was researching the parajets but curious if there are better ones that can be replaced/swapped similar to them...

Hi Tomas,
I decided on Waterway jets due to good selection, availability, recommendations from TFP and the customer service they provided to me when I was researching. I was looking at several others as well. It does take some good planning for any of the systems I researched. Flow rates, jet selections, wall thickness, water depth, etc... I would ask Roy for more input as this is the only one of this style that I have built.

For pumps, we configured 2 whisperflow single speed for the 22 spa jets only. I was looking at the vsf, but after talking with my plumber, and doing some more research on flow rate, we went the single speed route as they are a little less costly than the vsf and the jets are adjustable. Each pump basically runs 1/2 the spa. There’s some pics on my thread of the process if you want to check it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.