Another Vegas OB

SinCityCJ

Nov 6, 2019
Las Vegas
If it’s not too late, consider IntelliCenter instead of Intellitouch. Intellicenter is Pentair’s latest automation product, and should be about the same price. You wouldn’t buy a 10-year old iPhone, no reason to buy the old automation product.
Hi Jim,
Thanks!
Agreed. Automation is actually the intelli center with i- 7 kit & screen interface. Cost more but makes sense, IMO.

Had a couple different delays and keep running out of daylight... should be roughed in late this week tho.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
PIPES! Lots and lots of PIPES!!! That is another huge step forward! SWEET!

Kim:kim:
I vote that CJ's hot tub construction pic is used for all new discussions on how the built in tub 'complicates the plumbing'. New people planning a build understand it in theory, but those pics speak 1000s of words.

Also CJ...... looking awesome

SinCityCJ

Nov 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Thanks!

I would humbly add money to any discussion on spas as well. Certainly adds a significant cost.

While reconcilIng the budget recently, I decided to start adding up just the spa costs...

I quickly put the pencil away.

SinCityCJ

Nov 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Here’s a pic of the pad. Pressure checks good after 10 + days, so the plumber painted it up. I will have to touch up some after we get the electric roughed in.

34E31F27-35E4-4319-9183-41FD67AD8B56.jpeg

SinCityCJ

Nov 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Looks like all manual valves. Are you going to replace any with Intellivalves so you can control them with your IntelliCenter?
Hi Jim,
Yes, that is the plan. We are doing the electric this week and haven’t set them up yet but we have 4 actuators on hand. Planned for:
1. spa/pool suction.
2. spa/ pool heat return.
3. sheer descent.
4. solar.

Debating on adding one to the heater by pass, but it’s not imperative, imo, for automation.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of the game plan.

jimbethesda

Gold Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Austin, TX
Hi Jim,
Yes, that is the plan. We are doing the electric this week and haven’t set them up yet but we have 4 actuators on hand. Planned for:
1. spa/pool suction.
2. spa/ pool heat return.
3. sheer descent.
4. solar.

Debating on adding one to the heater by pass, but it’s not imperative, imo, for automation.

Anyway, please let me know what you think of the game plan.
Looks good to me!

SinCityCJ

Nov 6, 2019
Las Vegas
Wow, time sure flies when building a pool! Been busy working and forgot to post progress.
We finished up electric underground & got the initial inspections done.
Backfilled and compacted (and compacted some more) all the trenches we could.
Then we dug it up for again for patio cover footings :rolleyes:.
(Not the same areas, just for clarity, not putting footings on pipes, LOL)
pics aren’t cooperating so I will try again tomorrow.