Another Slow Slammer

If you really can't wait just do the CYA test. If you are close to full you have enough water in to see a big change. That will at least validate what you have done so far. Hold off on adding anything until the pool is full. An off the chart CYA level is what brought me to TFP. I know I couldn't wait to test once most of the new water was in.

You really want to have your pump running for a while to mix the water before taking measurements, so if you can run your pump without the skimmer then that will work, otherwise wait until you run the pump to mix things up.

It makes me wonder if your filter is doing its part of trapping the dead algae or simply letting through the water. If the algae is all dead already based on your test results, those should get filtered as they are sent through the filter. Wondering if you can open the filter and check that or backwash to see if the debris are being seen. if not, may attach a hose to the return and attaching a sock to the other end and check the water coming out before entering the pool..That way you can rule out if the water entering the pool from the filter is indeed being cleaned.

Some work urgency made my previous question null and void, as I didn't have time to mess with the pool this morning anyway. It is now full, and I have just done my water tests.

Here's where I am now:

FC - 2.0
pH - 7.2
TA - 40
CH - 200
CYA - 40

To me, it looks like it's pretty much perfect for a SLAM, so I'm going to start it back up again. Here's a current picture, to show daily progress.

GreenPool3.jpg

Reactions: IceShadow
@akd Thanks for the tip! Now that I've done the partial drain and refill and am restarting my SLAM, if things don't progress nicely I will check that next.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@YippeeSkippy Yes! Extremely consistent!

And speaking of consistent, the 6:30 numbers were the same. FC down to 13, topped it up to 16.

Most excitingly, the pool color has changed drastically in the last two hours, from green to blue. Finally seeing a significant change after three weeks of struggling is a great feeling. Thanks for all the help, everybody!

8:30 measurement was a bit of a head-scratcher. I must've overshot the chlorine at 6:30, because I ended up with FC of 18. Not sure what happened, but I'm just letting it come back down.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.