Another New Pool - N.Houston

Your water level should be halfway up your waterline tile. Should be about 3inches below the deck which should put you in the 8in. depth range.

Plus there will be the thickness of the plaster. Not exactly sure how thick a typical layer of plaster is.

4adf3bad0dae923c74dbea1af95ab92c.jpg

It’s been a while since my last update and unfortunately not a ton of progress. The week of Thanksgiving the pavilion builder was able to come and dig posts and frame and sheet the pavilion as above.

Then they needed to wait for PB’s plumber to run plumbing for kitchen sink. This is where the drama comes in. I’m still not entirely sure I have the straight story but the PB says there was a misunderstanding in how they needed to plumb the sink. They had planned to run sink into same drains as pool and gutters will take excess water to the storm sewer. They say the PVB agreed this was Ok. City inspector says otherwise.

Thus there has been a 2 week delay while getting a plumber certified by my city to come and run a special dedicated drain for sink all the way around the pool and tie into my sanitary sewer. This tie-in of course required connecting to pipe under my concrete driveway.

Well on Wednesday of this past week after some finger pointing by contractors and some not so friendly calls from me, the sink drain was ready for inspection. City inspector came out Thursday and failed the drain as the plumber used the incorrect type of PVC pipe. So this coming week it all needs to be redone.

Meanwhile my project sits. The pavilion builder needs sink drain complete and inspected before they will do concrete forms for posts and counters.

PB’s decking crew needs pavilion concrete done and set for a couple days before they come in and do grading for pavers.

At least this 3-4 weeks of delays are taking place in Nov/Dec and weather has been cold and rainy so it’s not like it’s costing us valuable summer swimming days.

We started early October and now almost 2.5 months into this and still living in mud.

8a0571fc336abaaa3895a81feecc197c.jpg

cbfac6dde6a146b8db982c6c6057b935.jpg

39a1822a2aa34619dc1cf1bf6277913b.jpg

Meanwhile the PB delivered the RCS equipment for the kitchen; I needed to take delivery before Dec 1st to avoid a 10% price uplift due to tariffs on imported stainless steel. And the freight Company delivered my FB pizza oven from California so that “tiny” crate is keeping all the stainless company in the garage!

DRAMA to the max for sure! I bet that was the blue cloud I saw all the way over here! It was all of those adult words being said and thought over that mess! Unreal he used the wrong pipe! REALLY??? How do you even do that if you know what you are doing!

SCORE on finding those artist with a big saw! I see they even did the drains and skimmer lids!! NICE! Make sure to keep a few extra paves just in case on of them breaks from a drop or such. Man that looks awesome!

What is on the outside of the decking holding it in. It looks good!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks so much. Planning to wrap the counters with brick that matches the house and the fire place wall and pizza oven veneer will be the same 1x2 split face the pool beam has to try and tie things together.

Decisions pending are;

- granite tops that “sort of” matches the inside granite within the Level2 price range without having to go up to Level4/5 we did inside. Have a couple weeks to decide and order.

- I think trying to incorporate a decorative accent tile into the FP feature wall and the oven veneer to break up the floor to ceiling travertine a little would be neat. I don’t want to mix too many different materials and colors and want the pool and pavilion to feel like one so I’m thinking to see if there is a similar 2x2 version of the navy marblie tile we used for waterline to use in the kitchen.

As always love feedback and if you have pics as inspiration ideas. Love it.

Also signing with landscaper tomorrow. Can’t move pool forward until landscaper starts and connects deck and overflow drains into the overall drain plan.

We are at least 2 weeks from drainage start and that prolly means 4-5weeks from plaster.

But getting there. March 1st not happening but gonna be one heck of a July 4th bash.

Maybe a “soft open” for Cinco de Mayo!!!

Can’t contain the excitement but glad we took our time.

I think the idea of kind of matching the color inside the house will work great. NO one will even think to look from one to the other and say "Hey those don't match". All they say is CANNON BALL!!!

I like the idea of using the waterline tile in your patio area. Will you have a mantel over the fireplace? If so then you can use the tile there! use it on the face edge of the mantel. I would also think about using is on the area right in front of the fireplace.
Kim:kim:

Yes KK. We are officially plastered. Crew started at 830 and left around 1230.

Acid wash and fill are scheduled for Monday.

Attachments

• 6F88F065-DDB0-40EE-BC20-BE801F733E41.jpeg
    6F88F065-DDB0-40EE-BC20-BE801F733E41.jpeg
    408.8 KB · Views: 41
Two questions.

a) If it rains tomorrow between plaster today and acid wash Monday will the acid wash cleanse any stain from settled rain?

b) The product registration the Pebble Tech applicator left says that if I have whole house water softener, to not use that water for initial fill. I do have a whole home softener that my hose bibs are connected too. The Texas water is very hard and softener is required to not destroy appliances and fixtures. Any suggestions on this??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.