Another.....Mastertemp 400 with AGS LED + Service Heater LED

That looks like a Pentair label, but I don't think that the board is genuine Pentair.

You can see the part number on a label on the original board.

Does the new board have the part number on a label or any labels at all?

Try the old board to see what happens.

Reinstalled old orig board. Confirmed same issue. Heater turns on and then goes off after 10-15 secs. Same issue AGS led on

Here's a pic from the backside of new board. I think it's genuine, right? Onbe thing I did notice with old board installed...is that the display shows the water temp or outside temp(not sure which one it is) around 54 degrees. New board doesn't even have it's display on when running. I even jumped the fireman's switch as well. either way, operated the same IMG_2941.JPG

That looks like it's labeled correctly.

I'm not sure why it looks so different from the original board?

Since you have a new issue, the only thing that I can think of is that you jumped something and blew a fuse.

Maybe the wiring wasn't put back correctly or something was damaged when the fuse got blown?

That looks like it's labeled correctly.

I'm not sure why it looks so different from the original board?

Since you have a new issue, the only thing that I can think of is that you jumped something and blew a fuse.

Maybe the wiring wasn't put back correctly or something was damaged when the fuse got blown?

Not a new issue. Same exact issue when old board installed. The issue has not changed from before and after blowing that 1.25a fuse.

The only issue is with new board, simply doesn't even work. Doesn't even display the water or air temp like the old board does when running without the heater even on.

Are their other fuses somewhere?

Does the heater start with the old board?
Yes, fires up. Can feel heat coming out of exhaust. but heat only stays on for 12 seconds or so then shuts off and displays AGS LED on back of orig board. Just like my orig first post. Only the heat shuts down. Board still shows temp and fan remains on. You can review my orig video.

I just went through all the wiring and verified it with my old image of the Fenwal. All wiring is same. Also went through all the wiring outside of the fenwall box. Nothing chewed or loose.

In my opinion, the new board is not good.

I would return it and get a different one from a different vendor.

Even though the board is labeled as a Pentair product, I suspect that it might be counterfeit.

I would email Pentair with pictures of the front and back of the board to verify if it's really genuine or counterfeit.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The board does look odd. Maybe used/reconditioned.

I would send it back and get your money back then buy from a different vendor.

Go to Pentair's website and click on contact us and find the email contact.

Reactions: Kihon
It will be interesting to see what Pentair says about the board.

PoolZoom has several bad reviews.

So, maybe they are selling defective, counterfeit or used parts as new.

I found out the hard way for safety critical parts it's better to bite the bullet and buy OEM only. I got an ignition module from eBay that was clearly defective. It opened the gas valve before the ignition cycle even started so it would have spewed gas for 20 sec before the igniter lighted. Luckily I did this first time with main gas supply cut off just in case. The part was very cheap and even more dangerous! I documented this and sent them a strongly worded email. They refunded and apologized. They had no idea what the module was and stopped selling them.

I found legitimate authorized distributors are reliable. For example, you can go to Fenwal's website or call their customer service and find that parts4heating is an authorized dealer. They were still a lot cheaper than the other major outlets. They also offer a warranty exchange with prior authorization and were very good to work with. Not sure they sell the board you need though.

Chris

It will be interesting to see what Pentair says about the board.

PoolZoom has several bad reviews.

So, maybe they are selling defective, counterfeit or used parts as new.
It actually came from a place named "Swimmables" out of Granada Hills. Found the place on Google called DiscountPoolMart.com. They have good reviews on Google.

Ya, I sent them a link to my video in the return info

I found out the hard way for safety critical parts it's better to bite the bullet and buy OEM only. I got an ignition module from eBay that was clearly defective. It opened the gas valve before the ignition cycle even started so it would have spewed gas for 20 sec before the igniter lighted. Luckily I did this first time with main gas supply cut off just in case. The part was very cheap and even more dangerous! I documented this and sent them a strongly worded email. They refunded and apologized. They had no idea what the module was and stopped selling them.

I found legitimate authorized distributors are reliable. For example, you can go to Fenwal's website or call their customer service and find that parts4heating is an authorized dealer. They were still a lot cheaper than the other major outlets. They also offer a warranty exchange with prior authorization and were very good to work with. Not sure they sell the board you need though.

Chris
Do you think the image of my board looks like a counterfeit one?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.