Another in Texas - Cypress

Kim, they are both super responsible, totally responsive, and really nice guys. Makes it more difficult.

I'm one of those people that gets weird loyalty. If buying a stuffed animal, I tend to want to buy the first one I touch even if it's got a flaw, instead of finding one without a flaw. It drives my daughter crazy when we shop but she's slowly working on me that I have to check them all for the best one. [emoji23]. I don't want that to come into play in this decision so I'm trying to be more objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they both use the same gunite company? For me, I knew who I wanted for gunite/plaster and that helped in eliminating some PBs. I noticed you had initials next to the gunite for PB A. If that's the initials of the company, then that's who we used.

From what I've read here, quality installation is key and I know watching them gunite my pool, they love what they do and did a great job (as far as this untrained eye could see).

Hope this helps.

That does help Marla. I don't think that's who PB-B uses since their warranty is different but I will ask! I think that's +2 for PB-A.

Positive for PB- B is that our designer would also be our project manager. Less things lost in translation between design/proposal and actual bid. It appears not to be the same with A.

Positive for PB- B is that our designer would also be our project manager. Less things lost in translation between design/proposal and actual bid. It appears not to be the same with A.

Not to be underestimated from my time here...and unusual.

Okay here is an idea.............ask them what they will bring to the table extra to make you pick them...........bling as in shells? beads? upgrade of plaster? bigger x or z? See what they say! Let THEM battle it out for your money and see what happens!

kim

Okay here is an idea.............ask them what they will bring to the table extra to make you pick them...........bling as in shells? beads? upgrade of plaster? bigger x or z? See what they say! Let THEM battle it out for your money and see what happens!

kim

Oh, I'm planning to do that. Already started with Builder B but his response while respectful was not warm & fuzzy. He gave me some extras but then scaled back other things in his initial proposal to become more comparable to the other builder (I put notes notating that on the above spreadsheet). I was like, really, not what I had in mind. Lol.

I will go back to them but since we're waiting on our home appraisal and getting the kitchen, floors, and a shower done along with the pool, I may have a few additional requests and thought it might be best to go back to them at the same time with my list of changes - and perk requests. [emoji5]

Good news ya'll! I got some pricing from my PB-A today. Pricing for Wet Edge!

With this information it looks like I'll be doing the famous color Spool got for an additional $1,730 cost. I thought it would be more so Yea!! Happy Dance!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My PB-A said from dig to swim they anticipate about 5 weeks, with another week or two for smaller things, landscaping, etc. They are well respected but now I'm worrying about that gunite cure time (Nursenini thread discussion [emoji5]). Has anybody had their IG pool built that fast? What about cure time and tile, grout, etc?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.