Toronto, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
First off, I'm in Toronto Canada and there doesn't appear to be many choices for us here, certainly not much under 2k anyhow!

So thinking of ordering from a US retailer (maybe Marina unless folks recco others as well?) and shipping to my parents in Florida who will be coming back in a month or so.

Dimensions of my pool in my Sig, but basically a 16x32 pool, 5 feet at the deepest end. One end has a "birthday cake" style step in corner that connects to a seating ledge making up the rest of the 16 foot entrance length.

Don't get much debris, some leaves and a but of dirt/small pebbles. Lots of surface based flies floating around. More leaves I'm sure will come as the trees mature, but they are beech trees so don't shed much in the pool months here.

Don't want to overkill this, just something decent that will clean the pool well.

Was looking at the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus for 649 or so on Amazon, but figure I can probably do better for 100 or 200 more? So looking for experienced opinions!

Thx!

pbc,

Unless you need all the blue tooth stuff, I suggest that you buy the S200 for $699 USD from Marina..

Your link is what an S200, 300, 300i looks like. The S200 does not come with caddie or any remotes, but if all you want to do is clean the pool you really don't need them.

If you call and talk with Margaret, she can talk you though what your best choice is.

I have an S200 at a rent house and so far it is working out great.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have an Active20 with no caddy. Most of the summer the robot stays in the pool unless we have a party. In the winter I take it out and set it on its side in the garage. and lay the cord around it. I am lucky, I have a really big garage.

If you use a caddy, be careful coiling the cord up too tightly. It will create a memory in it and can inhibit the mobility of the robot.

So the 300 comes with the caddy whereas you'd have to buy separately with the 20 or 200?
Yup. The 300 comes with it, the 200 does not, and it’s a $100+ cost to purchase separately.
Also, the 300 comes with a few more bells and whistles in regards to the scheduling setup. We have a member @JoyfulNoise who can explain all the differences between the 300 & 300i.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The 300i is explained in the link in my signature. Essentially the 300i gives you access to all the smartphone App features AND you get the caddy and integrated filter basket (coarse and fine filter screens all in one). If you bought the 300 and then added the internal coarse screen insert, you’d have a few less App features and save about $50. If you go with the 200 and just buy the coarse screen insert, you’ll save quite a bit more but you’d have no caddy and the App would be pointless.

Basically, the 300i has it all if that’s important to you. The 200 and 300 are exactly the same cleaner, it’s just a matter of features and add-ons that vary....

Where is the best place/Site to shop for these robots? A pool guy I talked to told me he could sell me some but there is large markup on them and he suggested I search the internet. I have found a few online and am looking at the Oasis Z5i and the Nautalis.... obvioulsy one is double the price of the other.... is it worth it?

Marina Pools in Denver is felt to be the best for Maytronics/Dolphin robots. No internet selling. They take orders by phone.

Many robot manufacturers have limited warranties for internet sales to protect their vendors. So be aware of that.

The 300i is explained in the link in my signature. Essentially the 300i gives you access to all the smartphone App features AND you get the caddy and integrated filter basket (coarse and fine filter screens all in one). If you bought the 300 and then added the internal coarse screen insert, you’d have a few less App features and save about $50. If you go with the 200 and just buy the coarse screen insert, you’ll save quite a bit more but you’d have no caddy and the App would be pointless.

Basically, the 300i has it all if that’s important to you. The 200 and 300 are exactly the same cleaner, it’s just a matter of features and add-ons that vary....

Thanks.. Cant figure out how to access signatures with this new web design.

Looks like the s300 is 149 more than the 200, and comes with the caddy and remote.

A lot of people forgo the caddy by buying a cheap plastic deck box (like a Suncast type box) and they store the robot in that near the pool. Only thing to remember is to never store the robot with its weight on the rollers - either prop it up on some cut 2x4’s or store it on its side. The controller is only water resistant, not waterproof, so you have to keep it dry too.

Reactions: BowserB and pbc
pbc,

Settings, then signature...

I have a remote that other than the first day, I have not touched in 5 years.. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sorry, meaning I don't see anyone's signatures after their posts, including my own,with this mobile skin.

Usually there is an option at the bottom of website menus to exit mobile view but I can't seem to find that either.

I like my 300i. I wanted the caddy for storage especially over winter. If I didn’t want the caddy I would have just bought the 200.

I will say it is very easy to clean after each use. It does a great job climbing my walls. I actually use a lot of the other programs thatcthe 300 has. I tend to use the floor only and the deep clean cycles a lot.

Curious..do these robots help with removing insects/flies that float in the top of the pool? Have serious issues with that in late summer!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.