Another Hayward Ecostar 3400SVP pump Drive Error

PaulB33

Oct 18, 2019
MA
Hi,

I looked up the Pump Drive Error for the SP3400VSP and found references to contact @hayward directly if we are having the pump drive failure problem. I bought the pump in 2012, had it repaired in 2014, and now I am getting the dreaded pump drive failure message. I was looking for some guidance and hope that I can rectify quickly to complete the closing of the pool here in MA.

Thanks for the help and guidance!

Paul

Paul

If you've had that pump since 2012 and it just recently worked, count your blessings. I would not spend a dime on it and put all funds to a new pump.

I cannot see if you have automation or not, but if you do not, I'd go w the Pentair Inteliflo. If you do have automation, plz post back.

Hi,

I looked up the Pump Drive Error for the SP3400VSP and found references to contact @hayward directly if we are having the pump drive failure problem. I bought the pump in 2012, had it repaired in 2014, and now I am getting the dreaded pump drive failure message. I was looking for some guidance and hope that I can rectify quickly to complete the closing of the pool here in MA.

Paul

Some folks have replaced the motor with a SS or DS motor and in effect converted the pump to a TriStar pump. Read...

The newer models are pretty good I have one on my personal pool. The pre 2016ish have the drive issues. New drive is 500ish depending but as said the tristar is almost same pump if you replace and need to stay Hayward go that route. The hookups are exactly the same only the address in automation panel is different if that's what you have. Simple push pull job

Hi,

Paul
Same drive problem as everyone else. Did you repair or replace?

Hey, mine just keeled over this very night. SP3400VSP with Drive Error - stall issue. It tries to prime, and chugs once or twice and then flashes errors. I can move the impeller by hand (well, with a pencil) and it was holding suction. Fired an email off to Hayward, and the local authorized repair place too. if it's a controller problem, that doesn't seem much cheaper than getting a whole new pump....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.