Another first time results and post

As of Friday, I didn't know yet what to purchase to deal with my test results. We have a chlorinator and have used the pucks in it over the last 15 years but after finding this web site and studying up on pool school, I decided to do this method and see if it worked. I turned the chlorinator completely off Monday morning ( forgot to do it Sunday when I started my SLAM. This is the first attempt at using TFP methods.) I purchased stabilizer & 10% liquid chlorine from Walmart. Nothing else has gone in the pool except pH down. What do you think?

This morning FC is 18 so that passes the OCLT test. The water is clear but I am still a little uneasy about that dirt in the pool. I am going to vacumm today. The water gets cloudy when I vacumm or sweep until it settles to the bottom again. I am tempted to use a manual vacumm to waste rather than the robot which stirs it up.

This morning FC is 18 so that passes the OCLT test. The water is clear but I am still a little uneasy about that dirt in the pool. I am going to vacumm today. The water gets cloudy when I vacumm or sweep until it settles to the bottom again. I am tempted to use a manual vacumm to waste rather than the robot which stirs it up.

I end up debating that each year - vac to waste or let the robot get some of it and stir up the rest? Usually a combination of the two. Vac to waste loses water so fast so when dealing with dirt I usually vac on filter and let the sand filter get it. You can sweep the dirt toward the drain and or stir it up so that the skimmer gets it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.