Another Easy Touch "no comm" problem

DGold70

Silver Supporter
Apr 18, 2023
Katy, TX
Hello all, I just bought a house with a pool/spa here in Katy, TX, and I'm trying to cram every little bit of knowledge into my incredibly hard head as is possible. Yet that knowledge hasn't enabled me to figure out my Easy Touch "no comm" problem. The first few weeks in the house, the remote worked perfectly. Then one morning I go to turn the spa on and I have a no comm message. Reading past posts, I have determined that I have the Laird Chip and the P4EASYTOUCH2A remote. I have unplugged/plugged the 4 pin black plug, with no effect, my power LED is lit, and my 485 LED is blinking, but I get nothing from the RF LED when pressing any buttons. Sound like a bad remote? Anything else I should be trying?

From the EasyTouch's little LCD panel, can you change the pump's speeds? If you can turn a circuit on or off and make the pump changes speeds, that means your RS-485 com port is working..

To me this means that you have just a remote failure of some type.

Let's see if Tom has any ideas on how to get your remote working.. Calling @ogdento

Of course, my comment would be to move up into this Century and get ScreenLogic.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: DGold70

From the EasyTouch's little LCD panel, can you change the pump's speeds? If you can turn a circuit on or off and make the pump changes speeds, that means your RS-485 com port is working..

To me this means that you have just a remote failure of some type.

Let's see if Tom has any ideas on how to get your remote working.. Calling @ogdento

Of course, my comment would be to move up into this Century and get ScreenLogic.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
I can't control anything from the remote. All I get is "No Comm, the incorrect air temp, and the incorrect day and time" on the screen. All of the aux button LEDs flash when I wake up the remote, but are unresponsive upon waking. And I am all for updating the remote interface once we figure out what is going on!

I think Jim was suggesting you try it from the outdoor panel, not the remote. Does your pump lcd show "Display Not Active" (indicating it's being controlled by the easytouch), or does it show an RPM reading or other status?

if you CAN still control your pump from the outdoor board...

have you tried @Pool Clown 's steps to reset the remote address? (powering off the outdoor panel first)...

if that doesn't do the trick, power down and check continuity on the cabling to the transceiver card... and if that doesn't work, my guess would be that the transceiver card is bad rather than the handheld remote.

D,

I understand the Pentair remote won't work. I asked you to use the main panels little 3" display.

I assume you have an EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ah, ok, then yes, I can control everything from the main panel. The info on the panel reads only time and temps and what mode it is in "auto/service/timeout", so no pump speeds or rpm, but I can turn on pump, cleaner, lights, blower for spa, etc.

I think Jim was suggesting you try it from the outdoor panel, not the remote. Does your pump lcd show "Display Not Active" (indicating it's being controlled by the easytouch), or does it show an RPM reading or other status?

if you CAN still control your pump from the outdoor board...

have you tried @Pool Clown 's steps to reset the remote address? (powering off the outdoor panel first)...

if that doesn't do the trick, power down and check continuity on the cabling to the transceiver card... and if that doesn't work, my guess would be that the transceiver card is bad rather than the handheld remote.
Well, I read that thread and I can't for the life of me figure out how I missed @Pool Clown 's suggestion. Of course it worked! 🤦‍♂️ Thanks for the help!!! I promise to try and not be so dense in the future! LOL!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.