Annual test kit sale

pb4uswim

Jul 23, 2020
Michigan
I just got an e-mail about the test kits going on sale. Wondering if someone could comment on what the differences are between the three different refill kits. I know when I bought my original kit, it came with the salt level test. Is there a particular test kit refill that would be best for a pool owner with a SWG?

Also, what do you do with any chemicals you have left from last year. A lot of my chemicals are going on two seasons (this one coming up with be three). Do you just throw them away? Pour them down the drain? The only ones I'm planning on keeping is the powder and liquid to test the chlorine level. I know I bought some of that last year and expect it will be fine for this season.

Thanks.

Reactions: BMerrill
I just got an e-mail about the test kits going on sale. Wondering if someone could comment on what the differences are between the three different refill kits. I know when I bought my original kit, it came with the salt level test. Is there a particular test kit refill that would be best for a pool owner with a SWG?

Also, what do you do with any chemicals you have left from last year. A lot of my chemicals are going on two seasons (this one coming up with be three). Do you just throw them away? Pour them down the drain? The only ones I'm planning on keeping is the powder and liquid to test the chlorine level. I know I bought some of that last year and expect it will be fine for this season.

Thanks.
Hello,
The refill sets correspond to the original kit you bought. The only difference between the TF-100 refill set and TF-Pro refill set is the quantity of R-0013: 1 8oz bottle in the TF-100 refill set, 3 2oz bottles in the TF-Pro refill set.

The K-2006 refill set does not contain R-0014 or R-0600 and instead contains 1oz each of R-0004, R-0005, and R-0006 for that kit's pH and acid/base demand tests. Because the hardware in the K-2006 is different than the TF kits, the K-2006 refill set is not recommended for anyone using a TF-100 or TF-Pro.

Salt reagents are not included in any of the refill sets but they are available for purchase individually or as a bundle at this link.

Taylor Technologies, the company that produces all of the reagents in our kits and refill sets, recommends replacing all reagents yearly. They can be simply thrown away, or poured down the drain. Remove the labels on each bottle and they are recyclable, at least in North Carolina where we are located. Confirm with your local recycling guidelines.

Email me at [email protected] if I can be of further assistance.

Best,
Nate @ TFT

Folks,

For those of you that are looking for refills I just got my annual email from tftestkits they have refills on sale 20% off starting March 1. I always search to compare sources and you should too. But every time I do this I just validate their price is at or close to best and the customer service is superb! Since I'm starting my OB pool and my reagents are 2 years old this is the perfect time for me. I'm sure that XL option is going to be needed with my "challenging" well water.

Chris

I have a Taylor k2006-c plus salt and speedstir. Can I use the tftest 100 pro refills with the test tubes I have?.....
Never mind. I see that there's a k2006 refill set on the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: mknauss
I just got my refill kit- thanks for the fast shipment! The one reagent that is in the original Taylor bottle has an expiration date. None of the others do. What is the expiration or best use-by date for the k2006 kit replacements?
Thanks!

@poolnoobgrandma Hello,
TFtestkits guarantees all the reagents for at least a year from their purchase date. In reality many of the reagents will last longer than that and produce excellent results until they are used up. The Taylor bottle in question has a "best by" date as opposed to an expiration, so the same could be said for that bottle as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@poolnoobgrandma Hello,
TFtestkits guarantees all the reagents for at least a year from their purchase date. In reality many of the reagents will last longer than that and produce excellent results until they are used up. The Taylor bottle in question has a "best by" date as opposed to an expiration, so the same could be said for that bottle as well.
Which reagents are likely to be good past one year? My calcium hardness and TA are pretty stable, and I don't test them that often. Also, I tend to use poolmath's "effects of adding" feature rather than the acid demand test, so I don't run out of those, either. Pool turns 4 this season, so I thought it was a good time to refresh everything.

Just ordered my Taylor 2006C refill kit today, and a separate R-0014 refill (cause I like to test pH with both my TF-PRO pH block and my Taylor pH block, since I'm color blind I try to do both to help me best gauge the colors). I also ordered that TF pH Digital Meter to give that a try (was like $18 or so). Great deal on these early discounts!

I'm confused on the differences in the TF-Pro and the TF-100 refill kit. The only difference I see is that the TF-Pro has "3x R-0013 2oz" (which I think means 6 ounces) and the TF-100 has "R-0013 8oz". But, the TF-Pro is a little more expensive. So it appears that the TF-100 gives you the same chemicals plus a bit more R-0013 for less. Am I missing something?

Also, in the TF-Pro picture, the bottles appear to have the color coded caps, which I would prefer. Are there any other differences between the two?

Thanks.

So it appears that the TF-100 gives you the same chemicals plus a bit more R-0013 for less. Am I missing something?
The bigger TF100 R-0013 doesn't fit the TFpro case. So that one has 3 smaller bottles that have spots cut out for them.
Also, in the TF-Pro picture, the bottles appear to have the color coded caps, which I would prefer. Are there any other differences between the two?
All of the bottles should be color coded when applicable but let's doublecheck with @Sarah and Nate

Reactions: pb4uswim
For me, there’s a difference between the bottles being color coded and the caps being color coded. I did not keep the original case. My case is set up with all the bottles standing up. Therefore, the caps being color coded helps more than the bottles/labels being color coded. I can’t see the labels when the bottles are in my case.

Therefore, the caps being color coded helps more than the bottles/labels being color coded
So I believe all the caps are color coded like you'd like. But if not you have 2 backup plans. The caps should swap from the old bottles to the new ones, or pop the tips and fill the old bottles. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.