Amazon sale - Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo Variable Speed

I got that email a little bit ago. Still $200 more than I paid for my SuperFlo and more work and money to incorporate into my pool control system. That said, others will be able to take advantage of this deal as they aren't restricted by the same parameters as I am.

Do these pumps, purchased through Amazon carry the extended 2 year warranty?

Okay, all indications is that it looks good, as long as installed by qualified person

The warranty on the 011018 is two years. To get the full warranty it must be "professionally installed by a "qualified installer". I called Pentair and ask the definition of "qualified person". They were vague on what it meant. Any plumber,electrician, pool service company. I had a friend who owed me a favor, so for a six-pack and a few bucks he checked over my work and gave me a bill for the Profesional install. I got my warranty and my rebate.

Correct. I confirmed that with several calls to pentair. Also, I bought 3 pieces of pentair equipment so they all carry 3yr warranty.
Mine will be installed by a pool builder and electrician.

I didn't buy the Asurion warranty yet. It's $130 for 3yr and starts after manufacturer. So I'd have 7yrs of protection. Still have time to buy but I think if it's going to fail, it will in first year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

No pro install required for the rebate here but I looked at my plumbing which went over the top of the pump coming out and said, "I can do this but do I really want to do this? Do I even have the time to do this? NO and NO." I hired a pool company to do it and it took them about 4 hours to complete the task. It would have taken me about the same amount of time if not a little bit longer plus I would have had to run to Home Depot, Lowes or where ever to get pipe and fittings, at least another hour of my time. It is totally worth it to do what I do and pay someone else to do what they do.. plus I get the warranty.

Now for the integration into my Home Automation? That is something the pool guy cannot do so I'm doing that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great price! When you factor in the $200 rebate most energy companies offer, this is a no-brainer.

Only took us a couple of hrs on a Saturday to install ours. The limited warranty for a self install wasn't an issue for me. I figure if there's a problem we'll know in six months. It's been rock solid so far and our energy bill has dropped a LOT. Our old 1.5HP Whisperflo lasted 12 years before it kicked the bucket. I expect the Intelliflo to last at least that long.

If you expect longevity from a VS pump, you better have surge protection for it. That's what is most likely to kill a VS pump. What you have is basically a computer, with a high draw motor attached, outdoors, with a long electrical supply lead attached.

Rebate is for "in store" purchases only. Sorry no love for online purchase. Pentair seems to be doing all they can to discourage online sales and support bricks and mortar pool stores.

BTW when I consider there is tax on my Amazon purchase, that makes it the same price as other sites.

Rebate is for "in store" purchases only. Sorry no love for online purchase. Pentair seems to be doing all they can to discourage online sales and support bricks and mortar pool stores.

I wonder why Pentair cares. What's in it for them? Financially speaking, you'd think they'd be more interested in moving volume than in preserving the ability of some middle man to skim a little off the top of the transaction. There's some financial benefit that isn't apparent. No rational business will intentionally take action to reduce their profit margins.

BTW when I consider there is tax on my Amazon purchase, that makes it the same price as other sites.
Do the other sites let you return it within 30 days and send UPS to your front door to pick it up for free?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.