Am I lucky or is it the norm?

Socojoe

Apr 27, 2019
Arkansas
Sorry for this long post but I wanted to know if my findings are common or am I just lucky because I do not see many post with people that have no issues with their pools. I’m far from an expert but I follow the TFP system and when I had my pool installed in April of this year and after adding CYA to it at startup, all I’ve had to add was chlorine. My numbers are always within the recommended levels on the pool math app. I vacuum and brush once a week and my water is beautiful. I do check and add chlorine daily and I monitor PH and alkalinity at least 3 times a week and CYA after water additions due to backwashes and evaporation. My pool has 2 returns on the side of the pool (1 at the bottom and 1 at the top of the pool) and I have a fountain attached to the top return that shoots water in the air when the pump is on and I run my pump for 16 hours a day, 8 hours during the day and 8 hours during the night. I read on this forum of MA additions due to rising PH levels which my fountain can cause but my PH is 7.6 - 7.8 every time I check it so I have never had to add MA. With all the issues I read about on this forum, it leads me to believe it’s not “if” but “when” I will have an issue. I hope I’m not jinx’n myself but I’m just curious as to what others find with their pools and not just the issues people are having. Sorry again for my long post.
Thanks,
Joe

I get the feeling that the phrase "it works if you work it" applies.

The whole point of TFP is that there should be no issues. Plenty of people here experience that. Your pool is no different than other pools. Do what you do!

Reactions: Socojoe
What you are describing sounds just like a well maintained TFP pool. PH won't rise too much if your TA isn't that high. I have a SWG and do not suffer from PH rise at all due to my TA being low along with low TA fill water. Sometimes it all just works.

Reactions: Socojoe
Yep that's about all I do to mine to keep it tfp sparkling.

The only thing I thought of reading your post is that maybe the pump running time
could be considered more than needed.

I'd almost bet money you could cut down to just 4 hours a day total and still
have good clean water.

I only run mine 2 hrs a day during the work week.

Yep that's about all I do to mine to keep it tfp sparkling.

The only thing I thought of reading your post is that maybe the pump running time
could be considered more than needed.

I'd almost bet money you could cut down to just 4 hours a day total and still
have good clean water.

I only run mine 2 hrs a day during the work week.
I have thought about cutting the run time back as I have it on a timer but I run it all night for the cooling effect the fountain has and I also figure running during the day May help it too.

Reactions: borjis
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.