Alright, alright, alright! New IG in Rowlett TX

M,

You are getting the IntelliFlo pump, electrical costs will never be an issue... I live in the DFW area and run my pump 24/7 at 1200 RPM to generate chlorine... My total electrical costs to run the pump is less than $20 bucks a month...

Just not an issue... I have a 17K pool and the IC40.. In the middle of summer, running 24/7, I have to run about 50% SWCG output.. I say this because, I would assume that your pool would operate about the same as mine..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the reassurance Jim. Our PB agrees.

Mel, it’s not that the IC40 won’t work, it will. But to take total advantage of the savings in the long run, you would want a cell rated for a pool twice your size. Larger cell = less run time = longer pump life = longer cell life = happy owner.

Once your pool is built and you have become comfortable with balancing your water and running your equipment, you will then see why it was advised. :cheers:

Reactions: Chickinvic and djw
M,

Once the IC40 dies, you can always replace it with an IC60.. they both use the same power supply, so you would only have to buy the cell..

If you find that the IC40 only lasts a couple of seasons, moving to the IC60 would make sense.. If the IC40 lasts for four or five years then it would make sense to just get another IC40..

Thanks,

Jim R.

We have a hole in the ground!!!!

Attachments

• 078DBCB6-AF78-47D5-8F3D-6EF0400E754D.jpeg
    078DBCB6-AF78-47D5-8F3D-6EF0400E754D.jpeg
    775.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 0C497B24-8C0A-4FD6-A98E-AD3154C87B1F.jpeg
    0C497B24-8C0A-4FD6-A98E-AD3154C87B1F.jpeg
    727.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 23382DE1-A75A-43CE-86E4-4CF685C61FAA.jpeg
    23382DE1-A75A-43CE-86E4-4CF685C61FAA.jpeg
    772.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 64CD2C62-0177-4027-AEEC-E3FF02C44132.jpeg
    64CD2C62-0177-4027-AEEC-E3FF02C44132.jpeg
    675.1 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: Arizonarob
I love how the design of the pool works with the setting of the house on the lot. And thank you for doing something with that huge yard, we were unable to get a larger lot when we built our house (they wouldn’t let us have one since we were building a cheaper house) and it drives me nuts to see them all sat there completely empty!

I love how the design of the pool works with the setting of the house on the lot. And thank you for doing something with that huge yard, we were unable to get a larger lot when we built our house (they wouldn’t let us have one since we were building a cheaper house) and it drives me nuts to see them all sat there completely empty!
A big back yard was important to us, with 2 outdoorsy kids and 2 dogs. It’s about 1/3 acre lot. Just big enough to not be too much work!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let the MUD begin!!! Fun times ahead!!

Now go out with the plans and a tape measure. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. Remember the water should be at the middle of the skimmer face. NOW is the time to tweak or fix it if something is off.

Kim:kim:

Let the MUD begin!!! Fun times ahead!!

Now go out with the plans and a tape measure. Is it long, wide, deep, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. Remember the water should be at the middle of the skimmer face. NOW is the time to tweak or fix it if something is off.

Kim:kim:
Thanks Kim. I’ll have to wait until the rain dries up a bit. We got major thunderstorms today. More overnight and a few tomorrow ? But just eyeballing it, it looks bigger than I expected, which is great! It’s definitely deeper than I expected 7 feet to be.

Beautiful design and backyard! Your daughters are gonna love it!

If you’re going to be maintaining it yourself, definitely read pool school a few times and any of the links Kim and others post. They will be so helpful and you’ll feel prepared the day your PB hands the reigns over to you.

Good luck with the rest of the build!

I need help quick! They're here with the rebar today (which I didn't know they were coming). I'm not 100% sure how to measure the depth. We measured last night and felt the shallow end was too shallow. Do we measure from the ground level to the bottom? Add a couple of inches from the ground for decking? Help!!!

I need help quick! They're here with the rebar today (which I didn't know they were coming). I'm not 100% sure how to measure the depth. We measured last night and felt the shallow end was too shallow. Do we measure from the ground level to the bottom? Add a couple of inches from the ground for decking? Help!!!

The top of the wood framing is the top of the bond beam (gunite shell) which is also the top of the waterline tile. So for waterline you need to go down 3" from that since your water will be 1/2 way down the tile. The floor will about 9" thick. So measure from 9" above the dirt to 3" below the top of the wood frame.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.