Alright, alright, alright! New IG in Rowlett TX

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
I am not official on this however, depth from bottom dirt to top of the forms. gunite will be roughly 6" thick so subtract that , remember the plaster, pebble tec ect is not all that thick.

See better info above!!
John

Reactions: melgerhart

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
But regardless, CALL YOUR PB ASAP if you are not satisfied or have questions with the depth.

melgerhart

Silver Supporter
Feb 14, 2019
Rowlett, Texas
The top of the wood framing is the top of the bond beam (gunite shell) which is also the top of the waterline tile. So for waterline you need to go down 3" from that since your water will be 1/2 way down the tile. The floor will about 9" thick. So measure from 9" above the dirt to 3" below the top of the wood frame.
Thank you so much for the quick response. Those measurements would much better, whew. I was thinking from the ground level plus a couple of inches for decking, then minus 6-9 inches for shotcrete.

I thought they might come out and go over the depth with us before they started pouring. Now I see why you guys say "measure now!".

melgerhart

Silver Supporter
Feb 14, 2019
Rowlett, Texas
But regardless, CALL YOUR PB ASAP if you are not satisfied or have questions with the depth.
The deep end is definitely good, actually deeper than we thought Which is good because they told us they could only go 7 feet or it would cost more and the slope would be too great. The shallow end seemed a little shallow, but I think we were measuring it wrong.

melgerhart

Silver Supporter
Feb 14, 2019
Rowlett, Texas
You guys are awesome! Thank you. I was almost in panic mode since my husband and I are both at work, and I didn't think they PB would be in the office yet. I knew I could count on you guys ;)

Reactions: bmoreswim

melgerhart

Silver Supporter
Feb 14, 2019
Rowlett, Texas
They are shooting the gunite today! Woohoo! Of course, we’re going to be out of town all day for Easter 😒
We know to water it several times a day for a week. But I was curious to know, when is it safe to walk on the gunite shell? I couldn’t find a definitive answer on the interweb.

melgerhart

Silver Supporter
Feb 14, 2019
Rowlett, Texas
Well, it’s been 41 days since they poured the gunite and we still don’t have plaster. They’ve done the tile, coping, and poured the deck, which all looks great. I don’t think we were prepared for this to be such a long process. I mean, I knew it could easily take 12 weeks, but it’s been 17 weeks and still not done! 😩
We’re so close I can smell it! And now that my kids are out of school, we’re really chomping at the bit. Here’s some progress photos.

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Have they told you WHY no plaster yet?? May be time to take your little "sassy pants" (CUTE pic if her in the"pool" water!) down to the office and have HER ask them to come do the plaster!