Almost time!

Thank you for all the info.... it’s overwhelming to see the choices of tile and plaster... we have finally picked stonescapes aqua white mini pebble with abalone shells travertine coping and glass tile!?

Attachments

• B16A7B6B-630B-4D16-A690-E613F072FE86.jpeg
    B16A7B6B-630B-4D16-A690-E613F072FE86.jpeg
    534.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 7312E3BA-7673-46BE-BB7E-423F0562049B.jpeg
    7312E3BA-7673-46BE-BB7E-423F0562049B.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 49
BLING!!! One of my favs!!! :party:

So here is something else for you to learn/ pick LOL With glass tile you can/should pick the color of mastic you want used under the tile. The different colors will really influence how the tile looks in the end. What you can do is pick up paint color cards. Use white paper for the white and get a couple of grays of different shades to see how you like those. Put a sample of the tile on the different colors on the pool so you are seeing it where it will live.

AND you need to pick your grout color. They should have grout sticks for you to play with. White will make each tile stand out, gray will allow them to blend together and so on.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: greatsamfirst
tiles done! grout yet to be completed

Attachments

• C930C5AA-32BB-4AC9-88BA-107FAD8F575E.jpeg
    C930C5AA-32BB-4AC9-88BA-107FAD8F575E.jpeg
    723.4 KB · Views: 91
  • BBAA78B2-CFA1-4C2D-9A56-52DF87EC3FD7.jpeg
    BBAA78B2-CFA1-4C2D-9A56-52DF87EC3FD7.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 3523ED8F-7DDF-4331-A2AC-7FE083E68AC3.jpeg
    3523ED8F-7DDF-4331-A2AC-7FE083E68AC3.jpeg
    508.9 KB · Views: 89
Question: Everything I’ve read says the plaster needs to be brushed twice a day during curing process... our PB is saying once plaster goes in he will pressure wash it and we could use the pool day 2... i’d really like everyones input ... our plaster is the stonescapes mini pebble...there’s still time before the plaster goes in but I figured I should stay informed. Would love your input.

Brushing is good for a pool! The more you brush it the better it will be. We have some PB who have it written into their "start up" directions "As soon as the water is half way up the skimmer face JUMP IN!" Then there is us that says it depends on what kind of start up you do. Here is a link to my plaster links:
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: greatsamfirst
Read the two articles I linked to.

TFP would recommend eliminating the UV and Ozone items. Then you decide if you want a SWCG or you want to add liquid chlorine every day.

Most Texas builders do not like SWCG. A regional thing. Lots of our Texas forum members have SWCG's.
That's interesting. Here in SW FLorida that was the only thing anyone quoted... We're getting a SWCG.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you for all the info.... it’s overwhelming to see the choices of tile and plaster... we have finally picked stonescapes aqua white mini pebble with abalone shells travertine coping and glass tile!?

Everything looks good, we are at the same stage as you guys as well. Just of out curiosity was there any specific reason you went with Aqua white mini pebble with the abalone shells? Was there any other pool finishes you guys were looking into as well. Were torn between aqua cool and aqua white mini pebble.

Everything looks good, we are at the same stage as you guys as well. Just of out curiosity was there any specific reason you went with Aqua white mini pebble with the abalone shells? Was there any other pool finishes you guys were looking into as well. Were torn between aqua cool and aqua white mini pebble.

honestly its soooo confusing to make a decision based on pictures but i personally liked aqua blue mini pebble but i saw some youtube videos of aqua white and like the shimmer w the abalone... plus its not as dark as aqua blue which i read if colors are darker they streak more during acid wash... also with kids and the heat i was afraid i might miss seeing a snake in the pool... various concerns that i read some may be true and others not but definitely a hard decision!!!... well our choices are in and ordered now i hope it turns out great!... good luck w yours too let me know what color u decided on?

They need to lift the steel so it is in the middle of the concrete. It sitting on the bottom will not add any strength at all. They will use something called a "chair". There are many kinds but here is one example of some: Steel Bar Chair, Continuous High Chair, Slab and Beam Bolster

If they try to tell you "Oh we lift it with our hands as we pour it" tell them a great, big NOPE!! It will sink back down due to it's weight :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.