Almost time!

greatsamfirst

Feb 13, 2019
katy,tx
so the pipes just went in ... we are scheduled for gunite tom but my concern is shud there be a pipe coming put of my marked area since there will be a sheer fountain on that part of the accent wall? ... since the other 2 positions do have the pipes... we have a total of 3 sheers on each part of that wall...3FA764A3-A539-402B-9769-6A803986FEF7.jpeg

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Yeah there needs to be a water source for that sheer!! Call the PB asap so someone can beat the shell guys. I would also go out there and look to see if there is even pipe leading to that one so they will know they need to bring more pipe :(

Glad the PB was able to quickly address your concerns about the bench.

Kim:kim:

RoyR

Bronze Supporter
Jul 31, 2018
Escondido/CA
Those two pipes are returns...looks like they are going to build the rear wall with block (why not shoot it?). Your plan only shows two shears, they can add that plumbing after...

Last edited:

greatsamfirst

Feb 13, 2019
katy,tx
Yeah there needs to be a water source for that sheer!! Call the PB asap so someone can beat the shell guys. I would also go out there and look to see if there is even pipe leading to that one so they will know they need to bring more pipe :(

Glad the PB was able to quickly address your concerns about the bench.

Kim:kim:
the PB is going to be here as well shortly...ill def ask him

greatsamfirst

Feb 13, 2019
katy,tx
I think those pipes are returns...looks like they are going to build the rear wall with block (why not shoot it?). Your plan only shows two shears, they can add that plumbing after...
we had changed after the drawings were done from scuppers to shears and from 2 to 3... it has it in his contract...

Reactions: splashpad

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Ahhhhhhh how much you want to bet the plumbing guys had the wrong set of plans!!!! You need to get your hands on all of the plans and shred the old ones. This has happened more than once on builds :(

greatsamfirst

Feb 13, 2019
katy,tx
Ahhhhhhh how much you want to bet the plumbing guys had the wrong set of plans!!!! You need to get your hands on all of the plans and shred the old ones. This has happened more than once on builds :(
thats what i fear thats why i keep asking questions... but PB just confirmed these are returns he’ll do plumbing for shears later...😊

Reactions: splashpad

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Have you started bonding with it yet? Aka watering it. This helps with curing. I owe you your set of links. I am on the road so will get to you when I get home!!

greatsamfirst

Feb 13, 2019
katy,tx
Have you started bonding with it yet? Aka watering it. This helps with curing. I owe you your set of links. I am on the road so will get to you when I get home!!
oh myyy yes indeed ... sorry dint respond to your previous post was a hectic work week... my kids are having a ball watering it and cooling off its spring break n we got free labor... doing our selections wednesday!!!!😁

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Reactions: greatsamfirst