Almost time!

Update... our PB only does ozone-uv pools and no salt water option... since we are in contract i guess we got no choice... we will probably go through with it and later on down the line switch to salt water system...when needed... on a brighter note its warm and sunny with beautiful blue skies( and clouds) today... here are the back yard pics requested ?
9637CB99-37AA-455B-895B-F9AD4458B6A7.jpeg9E86FEEA-A601-4F5A-B3F9-0577397A9762.jpeg

Can you opt out of the UV and ozone system? You really don't need them. Just keep the chlorinator. In texas there is enough evaporation in the summer to use some pucks in the chlorinator in the summer to keep the CYA low. Then switch to liquid chlorine in the winter months.

so we hav this right across from our drive way and we’re in a cul de sac... we will have some good sized green space on either side of the pool too but as it currently stands the entire neighborhood kids including mine are in the playground or cul de sac and we serve as their hydration stand?
87BA01DE-8615-4981-B56F-AE87076B4653.jpeg

Can you opt out of the UV and ozone system? You really don't need them. Just keep the chlorinator. In texas there is enough evaporation in the summer to use some pucks in the chlorinator in the summer to keep the CYA low. Then switch to liquid chlorine in the winter months.
as of right now ... no cant opt out so we’ll go through as planned

I hope your build goes well, really, I'm pulling for you.

This fact that your PB 1) sells this sort of non-sense and 2) isn't willing to make even such a simple change is a bit worrisome though

On a positive note though: none of this stuff is tough to change later.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hope your build goes well, really, I'm pulling for you.

This fact that your PB 1) sells this sort of non-sense and 2) isn't willing to make even such a simple change is a bit worrisome though

On a positive note though: none of this stuff is tough to change later.
so i contacted some of my neighbors that got a pool built by him and all have great reviews of him and the built ... it atleast puts my mind at a little bit of an ease... with that said yes i do hope all goes well ... after putting in so much time effort and money it would hurt if we dint get what we want...keep praying for us? n thank you!

at 78 thousand dollars I would not let a company tell me what equipment they want in your pool.. Let them know it is your pool and you want a SWG.. He can choose not to install a SWG in his pool if he wants...

If he likes only blue and you want a brown pool are you going to get blue "because he does not like brown"

You are starting off with a 78,000 invest, do what you want with your pool, he will not be there to take care of your pool after it is built, so make it easy for you to take care of your pool... I will never own a pool without a SWG installed and if mine died today I would have another one ordered today..

They work for you :)

Reactions: splashpad
i totally agree with you except i found this group and started this thread after we were already in contract...and the PB only installs ozone-uv systems which I was aware of initially... so technically its my fault for not doing my research right!?

Just make sure you have the room after all other equipment to put a SWG in, they are not hard to do :) Let him now that it will be installed once he is finished with the pad... Ask if the plumber can install it if you buy it :)

It looks like it is going to be a great pool for you all...

Just make sure you have the room after all other equipment to put a SWG in, they are not hard to do :) Let him now that it will be installed once he is finished with the pad... Ask if the plumber can install it if you buy it :)

It looks like it is going to be a great pool for you all...
my husband already is prepared and ready to install if need be but we’ll use the ozone-uv until we see real issues.. thats the plan? n thank u ill keep y’all posted with the progress y’all have been great help

Be sure you understand you still need to maintain your FC based on the FC/CYA chart.

You will be adding liquid chlorine/bleach EVERY DAY to maintain your FC.

Looks like he's calling an inspector (or attorney). I wonder what he see's that is troubling? Perhaps it's that his whole world is being turned to mud.

Reactions: greatsamfirst

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.