Almost done... but.. new enclosure roof leaks..

poolnoobgrandma

Gold Supporter
Sep 15, 2018
Seminole, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hi -
The pool has been filled for a month, and we are enjoying it. One of the punchlist of items before we make final payment is that the new aluminum roof leaks in several places where it is attached to the house. Our site supervisor said something like "some leaking is to be expected in a patio roof," which pretty much infuriated me after all the other dumb or untrue things he has said. The company is reputable, so I'm going to hold off and give them a chance to fix this and the few other remaining items. I'm pretty frustrated and I think I may just ask to work with the manager or owner from now on.

Thoughts?

Sigh.

Not sure what the construction of your patio roof is. Post some pics of the roof to house wall junction. I can't imagine why it can't be sealed to prevent leaks unless a gap is part of the design.

Gaps are definitely not part of the design. I'll post some pics when I get home. Basically the leaks are where the new roof and structural gutters meet the existing roof. Mostly near the downspouts. I don't know how they are attached. I may have to climb up on the roof to take some pictures. I have absolutely 0 confidence in anything the site supervisor says. I have been documenting all the nonsense. I just hope the PB makes it all right.

It takes a good gutter person to best route water at the edges and even then heavy rains can overwhelm the gutter system.

It takes a good gutter person to best route water at the edges and even then heavy rains can overwhelm the gutter system.
I get that, but in that case I would expect water to run over the edge of the roof, NOT through the seam between the roof and the house. The flat roof attaches to the screen enclosure. If the gutter backs up, the water should be going there, not between the roof and the house. I am thinking of asking them to pay for an independent inspection. This is the same guy who didn't make sure footers were poured under the uprights in the patio roof, claimed they were there, then, after they went back and added them, claimed they weren't necessary in the first place. So, him I'm OVER. Hoping the management steps up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.