Pageland south carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Curiosity question. Having a problem keeping alkalinity in ideal range. What is best way to get ir there and hold it. Also what is the best cya level for 6900 gallon saltwater pool. One final question. When does everyone prefer to run their pump, swg during the 24 hours each day. I have been running my during the day. Chlorine is low in the am but where it needs to be in afternoon when I get home and check. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Curiosity question. Having a problem keeping alkalinity in ideal range. What is best way to get ir there and hold it. Also what is the best cya level for 6900 gallon saltwater pool. One final question. When does everyone prefer to run their pump, swg during the 24 hours each day. I have been running my during the day. Chlorine is low in the am but where it needs to be in afternoon when I get home and check. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
As long as TA is 50ppm or higher its fine. CYA is kinda weather dependant. Youll want at least 30ppm and maybe a max of 80ppm in the heat of sunmer.

Jones,

In my mind, if the pump is running 24/7, then you should be making a little chlorine all the time..

I keep my TA between 50 and 60 ppm, this keeps my CSI a little negative and keeps the cell from generating calcium flakes.

I just don't see the point of running the pump unless you are making chlorine. You never want your FC (Chlorine) to be low anytime, ever! You should try to keep your FC at, or above, your target FC number..

See this chart.. FC/CYA Levels

Thanks,

Jim R.