Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I can’t figure it out but for some reason I keep getting air in my basket. It starts out after the pump finishes priming. You can see the bubbles start to come back in from the filter side of it. Eventually after a day the air will build enough that the basket has about an inch of air in it and you can bleed the filter for a good 10 seconds as air has gotten into the system. I run my pump at 1500 rpms 24 hours a day so I wouldn’t think any air should be getting in. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can figure it out? Thank you.

I can’t figure it out but for some reason I keep getting air in my basket. It starts out after the pump finishes priming. You can see the bubbles start to come back in from the filter side of it. Eventually after a day the air will build enough that the basket has about an inch of air in it and you can bleed the filter for a good 10 seconds as air has gotten into the system. I run my pump at 1500 rpms 24 hours a day so I wouldn’t think any air should be getting in. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can figure it out? Thank you.
Be sure the O ring on the pump lid is lubed. Be sure all the drain plugs are tight (don't overtighten). Some have an O ring seal, some use Teflon tape. If there is a union at the front of the pump be sure it is tight (again, don't overtighten as the nut will crack).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.