air bubbles in return/pump basket 1/2-3/4 full

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

My VSP had cycled off, but since I added some M-acid and Baking Soda to the pool about 45 min's prior to the last cycle, I turned the VSP back on from remote inside and I noticed air-bubbles coming out of the returns. Then went to e-pad and noticed the filter pump was vacillating btw 1/2 - 3/4 of being full, so I then turned off the pump from the panel box. Went to both skimmers to see if either of the weirs were stuck and both seemed fine. Nothing in either basket that would have caused water starvation of pump. But it seemed once the pump passed the priming stage on the next go around, the pump basket was finally filled w water and the air-bubbles finally ceased from the pool returns, but were taking a bit longer to fade in the spa returns.

Any idea on what could have caused this? The last time I had an issue like this, one of the weir doors was stuck. Once fixed, the water flow was fine everywhere. Soon heading out of town for 3 days and I don't need this kind of issue - at least someone will be here that can alert me.

Thanks for you help,
tstex

Any check valves before the pump? Wondering if one may not be opening properly. Me personally, my pump basket water level drops when the filter is getting dirty (water flow restriction). Just a thought if nothing else seems to jump out at you.

Thanks Pat. Yes some check valves but all were ok. I know my cartridges are due for a cleaning, but still running in the green area.

I added some water too just in case it was too low. I'll watch it and see what happens

Thanks agsin and Happy 4th July

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.