Air Blower for Whirlpool

No, a spa needs to be plumbed with separate air and water lines that are combined in a manifold at each spa jet.

You cannot connect a spa blower to a water line.

Are these spa jets, or just returns? If jets, then you can add a blower to the air line that would be at the equipment pad. If only return lines, no.
The current hot tub is basically the concrete shell with 8 high return lines. I'd read previously their is a way to accomplish this all be it a very complicated way, but I'm having a hard time remembering the method.

The current hot tub is basically the concrete shell with 8 high return lines. I'd read previously their is a way to accomplish this all be it a very complicated way, but I'm having a hard time remembering the method.
Is there an air-induction line (basically an open pipe) at the equipment pad? Are there air valves above each return?

Is there an air-induction line (basically an open pipe) at the equipment pad? Are there air valves above each return?
No air valves around the return, we do have access to the plumbing which is about 6ft from the hot tub, but it is just the return line. I read previously it could be accomplished with a check valve and a blower addition 4ft above the waterline but the feedback has of sure varied and I don't want to even try if it isn't possible.

My biggest fear is having significantly more pressure on the nearest jet/return than the farthest. I don't have the knowledge of the hydraulics, I am a commercial pool remodel company who has built a handful of concrete pools locally, all be it successfully but for me this situation is unprecedented.

I appreciate the feedback.

You can. You simply plum the air blower into the air line. I've done it many times. Depending on the location, adding a check valve might be necessary
What if there is no air line?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You need to run an air line parallel to the jet water line and install the Venturi Ts at each jet.

Do you know what fittings are in the wall?

You can core drill out the existing fittings and install new venturi jet fittings and install an air line with a blower.

The returns look poorly balanced and undersized.

I would run a bigger line and design a more hydraulically balanced plumbing system.

I suspect that the suction is probably undersized as well.

Pipe Size and Flow Rates.​

You want to keep the water velocity below 6 ft/sec on the suction and below 8 ft/sec on the pressure side of the pump.[7]

Pipe Size6 ft/sec8 ft/sec
1.5"38 GPM51 GPM
2"63 GPM84 GPM
2.590 GPM119 GPM
3.0"138 GPM184 GPM
4.0"235 GPM312 GPM

You need to know the flow per jet and multiply by the number of jets.

For example, 8 jets at 15 gpm per jet requires 120 gpm, which requires a 3" suction and I would use a 3" return as well.

The current hot tub is basically the concrete shell with 8 high return lines.
With 8 jets, you need a lot of flow to make the jets work correctly.

I would probably want an Intelliflo XF just for the jets and you will need at least a 3" suction line and 4 regular main drains or 2 big commercial unblockable main drains.

1708052208936.png

Attachments

• intellifloxfvsf-pump-brochure-english.pdf
    559.1 KB · Views: 0
There has to be an air line
I don’t see an air line…

1708050092623-png.554255

This was never designed correctly from the beginning.

What main drains are available and what size is the main drain line?

If you do not have enough main drain surface area and a 3" suction, it will probably not work unless you do some serious modification.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.