Aiper Seagull Pro Review

Dman77720

Jan 22, 2020
Henderson, NV
I previously had a Dolphin SE which stopped working after around 3 years. I saw these wireless models by Aiper and thought I would give them a try. I first tried the Aiper Elite pro for about a month and all together I was happy, I probably would not have returned it if the new model was not released. There were three things I did not like about the elite pro 1) It was too light, it did not sink well and it would not stay contacted with the ground 2) the foam wheel was wearing quickly on my pebble flooring and 3) I didn't really like the bottom closure for getting to the debris bag. Enter the Seagull Pro!!!!

I just received my new Seagull pro today. It is currently charging but I noticed a few things in comparison to the Elite pro immediately.
1) Much heavier and more similar in weight to the Dolphin
2) The power supply is probably 4 time larger than the elite pro, it is big.
3) The plastic quality seems improved
4) The basket reminds me of the Dolphin but it only comes with the fine mesh basket inserts however in the manual it appears you can buy others if needed
5) Just an item to note but the instructions have directions for replacing some of the wear components, this is good as it appears they should make those available.

Once it is charged I will continue this review but so far so good. Here are some pictures

.IMG_2418.jpgIMG_2419.jpgIMG_2422.jpgIMG_2423.jpgIMG_2424.jpgIMG_2425.jpgIMG_2426.jpgIMG_2427.jpgIMG_2428.jpg

Okay, after charging it to full power it ran its first go and I was very happy with its performance. I should have taken some pictures of my pool prior but it had not been vacuumed except for my pulling somes leaves in a few weeks. I live in the desert ( Las Vegas Area) so I mainly get leaves, palm fronds and lots of sand from wind storms, plus my dogs( 2 Golden Retrievers) hair, lol. It picked up everything that was on the bottom of the pool and it did a great job I would give it a grade of an A. I set it to only work the floors. I am going to run it again today and add the walls or put it in auto mode.

It did use the entire battery on the one session so it will need to be recharged after each cleaning.

More pictures of what was collected

Attachments

• IMG_2434.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2430.jpg
    IMG_2430.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    588.2 KB · Views: 98
Dman,

I too am disappointed that the S200 style robots seem to be failing at the 3 year mark. But we will both have to wait for another three years to see how your new robot compares, lifespan wise.

What about cleaning? Does it seem your new robot does a better job or about same or ???

I only use the pleated filters in my robots. Does your also come with different filters. The dolphin's screen filters, similar to yours, failed for me within weeks..

Please keep the reviews coming, we are all interested..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Questions:
1. Does the filter hose off easily?
2. How long did the battery last?
3. Are the tires rubber?
4. It's it easy to pull from the pool?

Let us know how it does on the walls. Thanks!

Which Robot are y’all discussing. I looked on Amazon there are 2 robots both called aiper Seagull pro but one is $400 and other is $900.
See screenshot
0D4FD61D-BE0A-4BFD-B2A4-9A1BA2A7FF62.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They both say Seagull Pro - look at the description - or am I misreading it?
The one at the bottom for $600 says Elite Pro
And the one above that you referenced for $399 says Seagull “Plus”…

The two model tiers are the Elite models or Seagull models…the middle option for both models is named “Plus” and the top level option is named “Pro”.

And as the price indicates the “Seagull Pro” is the more feature rich product.

I’ve seen the Seagull Pro disappear completely from Amazon for a week or so…so it’s better to go to their website for general information on the models.

Reactions: HermanTX
I ordered directly from Aiper due to $130 coupon code + Free Portable Pool Vacuum…

But my order from April 6 just says “processing” when I use their order tracker 🤷‍♂️
I contacted them and was told the "package deal" orders are expected to arrive at the warehouse end of month and ship by beginning of May. The impatient side of me almost ordered from Amazon and canceled the aiper order but the cheap bas*ard in me won out given the free handheld that I can ebay and no tax.:p

Reactions: CajunCoding
I contacted them and was told the "package deal" orders are expected to arrive at the warehouse end of month and ship by beginning of May. The impatient side of me almost ordered from Amazon and canceled the aiper order but the cheap bas*ard in me won out given the free handheld that I can ebay and no tax.:p
Thanks for the heads up…that stinks but that is exactly what I’m thinking…unless I end up needing the vac for corners & steps.

Thanks for the heads up…that stinks but that is exactly what I’m thinking…unless I end up needing the vac for corners & steps.
I would keep it but I had already purchased the aiper handheld when I was able to get it with coupon for @$70. I am using it currently as my only vac so I do the whole Pool with it. There is a learning curve to technique for it to reasonably slide on the Pebble finish but overall I like it and it suits my needs. I have high hopes for the seagull pro. I previously had the cordless smorobot and while it worked awesome, when it worked, after warranty replacing it 3x they opted to refund the purchase instead of warranty it again.

Reactions: CajunCoding
That must have been a 1 day sale as it now only shows $100 off.
It was actually a coupon they stopped showing on the home page but was still valid…thanks to @Ahultin for sharing in the other thread…

Here’s my post on the other thread…it may still work:

Thank you for posting this review. I actually ended up cancelling my preorder for this as my logical-side got the best of me. I look forward to more updates as I try to surmise if this will work my pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support