Ahhsome - foam

Only if it bothers you. It looks as though you may have used too much gel. We recommend no more than 1 level teaspoons for each 125 gallons. On larger vessels like swim spas we recommend 1 level teaspoon for every 200 gallons of water. Foam is your friend while purging. The question is, did you see a release of gunk after you drained the spa?

Only if it bothers you. It looks as though you may have used too much gel. We recommend no more than 1 level teaspoons for each 125 gallons. On larger vessels like swim spas we recommend 1 level teaspoon for every 200 gallons of water. Foam is your friend while purging. The question is, did you see a release of gunk after you drained the spa?
Ohhhhh, so I should have used 3.5 teaspoons instead of 8 .... ??. I definitely saw some gunk for sure in the foam. Little black pieces of nasty. I will say I didn’t see a big nasty scum line after the drain like I have seen pictures of on some of the fiberglass tubs but I also only have six jets so not tons of pipes. Ran for a couple of hours with foam before draining but didn’t feel like leaving it set over night or anything. I will definitely be buying more in the future in addition to the filter cleaner and bio-cleaner for my pool. Great product!

I always shop vac out any gunk beforecdraining, saves you having to clean the junk that inevitably gets on everything.

Yes great idea! I starting doing this some as well when the mound was getting pretty high. Till my shop vac broke ... ? Surprisingly I didn’t have the vast gunk scum lines like I have seen from others. Maybe I need to do another purge and loosen things up even more? ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.