AGP Bottom recommendations

Didn't mean to post that yet. :)

I have a 24' AGP. I'm looking at replacing the liner, and in the process want to replace the bottom. The current bottom is bunch of foam pads taped together. This was here when I bought the house, so I didn't install it myself. I had to replace the liner several years ago and at the time I retaped all the pad seams. I seem to recall the pad being around 3/8" - 1/2" thick, but I could be mistaken on that. Under that is a very heavy plastic liner, about 1/16" thick over a chat base.

Over the years the pad has shrunk and the gaps are getting quite noticeable. In addition, the bottom is no longer flat and has definite bumps in it. If I do replace the liner, I'll want to fix the floor as well, but I'm not having a lot of luck deciding what I want under there.

Anyone have any recommendations? What floor would you put under a permanent (non Intex) AGP?

Can you find the manufacturer info (sometimes under the leg/wall/top rail connectors) and see if they have recommendations or requirements?
I'd be curious why the liner has needed replaced so frequently? Trees, algae, tearing?

If it's not in an area prone to washout, can you put sand down w/new plastic and new foam on top?
That's what we did with our AGP :) (It's been the same base for 2 pools) But ours are the "seasonal" type (we don't take it down for winter)

splashpad,

We had an severe hail storm back in March which destroyed a brand new winter cover and damaged the liner, along with a whole lot of other things. The insurance company gave us a settlement for the cover and the liner and since the bottom has been bugging me for several years, I'll take this opportunity to replace it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother replacing it just yet.

Reactions: splashpad
All I can say is I am kicking myself for not putting down a pad when I replaced my liner 3 years ago. I had sand, and I decided to stay with it. I re-leveled it, packed it, smoothed it, and was extremely patient going over it.

It is now a bunch of small divots, and I can quickly point out to you the two small rocks under the liner that I watch like a hawk for leaks. Next time, I am using a pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.