After the freeze... Swamp Alert!

Time to bring up the CYA into the SWCG range. Make sure you don't go below minimum with higher CYA cuz at slam it'll require lots of high slam chlorine if the pool ever goes green.
Thank you, I haven’t switched back to salt just yet. I have to figure out if my SWG is working, it’s 9 years old and never been cleaned. It didn’t keep up, so I started on bleach and never looked back. Year 3, I was adding 2-3 bags of salt every week it seemed like. I didn’t know there were ways to adjust the pump to amp up the salt production. :hammer:It will be a couple of weeks before I can concentrate on that. Waiting on the heater to arrive, and the booster pump and digging up 12 ft dead yucca trees. What a mess.

I definitely will be switching back to salt after a bit! Thanks again!

I didn’t know there were ways to adjust the pump to amp up the salt production. :hammer:

The pump does not amp up salt production. Salt is only increased by adding it to the water.

Salt is lost along with pool water from draining or splashout.

If you are losing salt then you are losing water.

You may just want to bring up the CYA a bit more say 40-50 to protect the chlorine from burning off quickly. The FC/CYA chart will give you the FC target. The chlorine difference is negligible but the gain is huge.

Last edited:
Reactions: imrodee
You may just want to bring up the CYA a bit more say 40-50 to protect the chlorine from burning off quickly. The FC/CYA chart will give you the FC target. The chlorine difference is negligible but the gain is huge.
To 50? I'm not on salt yet, but I hope to be soon. I have to check out the salt equipment first. Installed 2012, but never seemed to keep up. I was depending on readings from the inside EasyTouch controller.

Added more MA to reduce FC to decrease TA. I’m working on getting CYA TO 50. I may have stabilizer in the shed in the back 40. Will look tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are a bit confused tonight. Tough weekend? Ma reduces pH, not FC.

pH of 7.5 and TA of 90 is fine. I would not be messing with it.
I meant to say reduce the TA a bit. (Can you tell chemistry was not my strong point in school 1000 years ago?) Thanks for the catch.

Attachments

• 1618805894826.png
    1618805894826.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 1
I'm not sure as I looked at the poolmath logs. How do you have on 4/15 TA 60 and 4/18 TA 90.
@ ajw22 Well, today I figured out what happened. You know the cards that come with the T-100 kits? I have an original one and the new one. I didn’t realize the TA instructions and the CH instructions were not in the same order. I’m not sure exactly how I got to “90”, but I’m pretty sure I glanced at the wrong card. I either used the wrong bottle, wrong # of drops or a mixture of both. Operator error. Here I was blaming the wine.... poor wine. :testkit:

Attachments

• 51E7D5AB-4918-43DD-A957-34A1A2CE4664.jpeg
    51E7D5AB-4918-43DD-A957-34A1A2CE4664.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 5
  • 1606266B-53DC-41CD-BFCD-967959A2E590.jpeg
    1606266B-53DC-41CD-BFCD-967959A2E590.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.