After the freeze... Swamp Alert!

1:00 AM

FC: 14.5 I'll add bleach to get it up to 16. (I did brush, but not near as aggressively as I should have. (Used my "easy brush").

1:00 AM

FC: 14.5 I'll add bleach to get it up to 16. (I did brush, but not near as aggressively as I should have. (Used my "easy brush").
Brushing does not need to be aggressive. All you are looking to do is break the biofilm on the algae so the chlorine can attack it.

Reactions: imrodee
This morning

FC: 14.5 I added 37oz Bleach (8%) just now.

Can I put the Polaris in the water to soak? I might use him to pick up leaves later. The water is looking really good.
SLAM at the usual SLAM level until you pass the OCLT. Then we can discuss what to do after that.

Are you 100% sure you have mustard algae? Why? Mustard algae is relatively rare, and likes warm temperatures. It's not that hot yet.
I thought the algae looked green/yellow, so assumed it was mustard algae, but maybe not. I'm only going to raise the FC to 16 for now upon 👆 recommendations. Thank you!

Polaris will be fine int he water if the water looks reasonably clear.

This morning

FC: 14.5 I added 37oz Bleach (8%) just now.

Can I put the Polaris in the water to soak? I might use him to pick up leaves later. The water is looking really good.

I thought the algae looked green/yellow, so assumed it was mustard algae, but maybe not. I'm only going to raise the FC to 16 for now upon 👆 recommendations. Thank you!
Yeh, let the robot do its thing. Set it to climb the walls too that'll count towards brushing.

Yeh, let the robot do its thing. Set it to climb the walls too that'll count towards brushing.
Can I run the robot with the FC at 16? It would probably be just another day of slam, the FC held pretty well today. Tonite:

FC: 15
CC: 1
TC: 16

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Slam for another day and do a proper OCLT. When the sun is gone for the day bring it back up to slam level, check it back again 30 minutes later to establish you've achieved slam level. Keep pump running all night and grab a sample before the suns up. I know you're close but with the CC at 1 it still needs a bit more.

Slam for another day and do a proper OCLT. When the sun is gone for the day bring it back up to slam level, check it back again 30 minutes later to establish you've achieved slam level. Keep pump running all night and grab a sample before the suns up. I know you're close but with the CC at 1 it still needs a bit more.
Will do! Thanks! Pump and robot ran all day (sunny day). I just took a reading, sun is down.

FC: 14
CC: 0
TC: 14

Won't hurt to have it run - I'll add 41 oz to get it back to 16. I'm using 10% bleach now - I sort of had a mix since some stores still have limits. Thanks!

FC: 16
CYA still 40.

Should I let the FC dwindle down or add MA? (You'd think I'd remember this... not my first rodeo.)

FC: 16
CYA still 40.

Should I let the FC dwindle down or add MA? (You'd think I'd remember this... not my first rodeo.)

Add MA?? Why????

pH tests are not valid when FC is above 10.

I ordered a new heater yesterday, the Mastertemp 400 with the electronic ignition. This one still has bad leaks, pool guy says it’s not worth fixing. 😞. We decided to just replace this one. Just put JB Weld on a very small collar/union (?) that had a crack near the SWG. One of these days we’ll be back to normal!
Finished the slam yesterday am. This morning...

FC: 11

Nothing added yesterday or today.

Reactions: JamesW
SLAM is over. Here are my readings after 2 days:

FC: 4
CC: 0
PH: 7.5
CH: 130
TA: 80
CYA: 40

Any thoughts on those results? Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.