After covering...

" it doesn't make any sense ", you asked ;) .. You are not hurting anything and if you feel better, go for it. That said, i will be doing exactly that this year to a inground pool, maybe for a longer time. The pool in question will not be used for swimming any more this year. The water is to warm to close but the leaves are ready to drop and Lots of them. I will be putting the safety cover on once doing a complete cleaning of the pool, rolling the solar blanket and removing it and putting into storage but not blowing any lines. Dropping back the run time and amount of chlorine and running that way till the water drops in temp.

Last fall I ran covered for a couple of weeks, and 2 springs ago I ran covered for over a month before opening. When the water temperature is ready then close it up. If not you are keeping all the crud out by using the cover and it only has to be opened some to get to the returns for winterizing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.