Aesthetic ideas to change pool pump area??

Yeeper

Gold Supporter
May 16, 2018
New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So there was a tall fence that was installed to "hide" the pump and heater area. I hate it...HATE. Tall fence looks like an eye sore and looks equally out of place, like its obviously trying to hide something else.

My idea is to just cut the fence down half or lower. My wife says that will look equally as odd and to just leave it. But I can't. Its eating away at me. Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0082.jpgIMG_0089.jpg

Beautiful yard. I'd take the fence down and get some sort of iron/copper trellis with climbing vines or such. May take a season to get enough foilage to hide the equipment. If you do vines place the trellis a few extra feet away from the equipment.

Beautiful yard. I'd take the fence down and get some sort of iron/copper trellis with climbing vines or such. May take a season to get enough foilage to hide the equipment. If you do vines place the trellis a few extra feet away from the equipment.

Thank you!

I actually like that idea a lot. Maybe even move the fence back a few more feet and then put the trellis on that. I hate the bugs and weeds so close to the pump, no room to move. But the trellis idea is solid!

Appreciate the help.

A 3 sided trellis with a "roof". Vines that smell good! Give yourself plenty of room to work on the equipment. Roofing tar all the way under it and around the pad with rocks over it to keep the weeds out.

I would not move the fence unless you bring the deck over that way. Do I see a gate kind of close to the equipment?

Kim:kim:

I am thinking the roof will be of the same material as the sides so open to the air. With him going bigger on the sides do you think the roof will be a problem? (honest question)

Depends how wide the openings are. And if he gets vines growing on it then over time the vines can get dense and block the airflow. Heaters have flu requirements when enclosed and you are beginning to create an enclosure.

Okay here comes my "girl question" so NO laughing allowed...........rolled eyes and sighs so long as I cannot hear or see them are allowed LOL

heater flues-they only go up? Yeah if the vines grow in good over time they will block the trellis.............something to think about for sure!

Okay here comes my "girl question" so NO laughing allowed...........rolled eyes and sighs so long as I cannot hear or see them are allowed LOL

heater flues-they only go up? Yeah if the vines grow in good over time they will block the trellis.............something to think about for sure!

Basic physics. Heat rises. You need to provide sufficient space for the heat to rise away from the heater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Kim, let me think about that as I roll my eyes take a deep sigh...Im not sure but heat does typically rise...he says as he burst into uncontrollable laughter :)

Just kidding I did none of those things...sorry I couldn't resist!

Airflow all around seems good for a heater and thats just a guess as I can barely test my water properly :)

In all seriousness I wish there were more responses to this question. My equipment is on the east side of the house with no shade at all or at least until the sun gets up over the house. Texas summer heat seems to start before the sun even comes up and I would think having some sort of shade would be most helpful for the equipment. We spend all this money on pools, ask all these questions about pool builds and care yet the actual equipment pad and sun effect is so overlooked.

I have thought of fencing, large bushes and so on but have not settled on a solution just yet. Yeeper thanks for bringing this up as I am now committed to finding a fix!!

In all seriousness I wish there were more responses to this question. My equipment is on the east side of the house with no shade at all or at least until the sun gets up over the house. Texas summer heat seems to start before the sun even comes up and I would think having some sort of shade would be most helpful for the equipment. We spend all this money on pools, ask all these questions about pool builds and care yet the actual equipment pad and sun effect is so overlooked.

I have thought of fencing, large bushes and so on but have not settled on a solution just yet. Yeeper thanks for bringing this up as I am now committed to finding a fix!!

Check your heater manual for guidelines on minimum clearances. Note that the guidelines are minimums and it is good to leave more clearance if you can. Here is an example from https://pentairpool.com/~/media/websites/pool/downloads/heaters%20and%20heat%20pumps/manuals/mastertemp_pool_and_spa_heater_installation_and_users_guide_english.pdf

2018-05-27_2005.jpg

Y,

It really depends on the amount of work you want to do...

If this were my pool, and I wish it were... I'd build some kind of façade on three side to make it look like something else.. Maybe pool house, snack shop, bus stop with a bench in front of it, something that fit the space...

I had an window AC unit I had to hide and used this...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Wow lots of discussion generated from this, thats a great thing! I like the options so far. I'm not that creative so this helps a lot. Thanks everyone!

I wish I could enclose it somehow and keep it clean, but no real good option, especially with the heater. And I'm not going to uproot all of the plumbing just for that.

Although it is a PITA that the pump and controls are so far from the pool and skimmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Y,

It really depends on the amount of work you want to do...

If this were my pool, and I wish it were... I'd build some kind of façade on three side to make it look like something else.. Maybe pool house, snack shop, bus stop with a bench in front of it, something that fit the space...

I had an window AC unit I had to hide and used this...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

This looks awesome, Jim! Now my wife is going to hate me for coming up with something haha.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.