Advice on removing wrinkles

Theabbot

Nov 10, 2019
Jacksonville
I emptied my pool this winter so that I could try to get out 3 large wrinkles at the bottom. The vac was getting caught on the wrinkles too much for my tastes. Well I've tried to figure out a way to get rid of the wrinkles and have been unsuccessful. Lol They are towards the center of the pool, so matter how much I pull on the side, they do not budge. Any advice?

what kind of pool? not a great idea to empty regular liner pools, especially if older. the liner will be apt to stretch and tear when you refill. for an intex type, you will probably need to have someone flatten and smooth as you fill. if it has been that way a long time it may not work at all. what kind of vacuum? my silly intex robot goes over some pretty good bumps and divots just fine.

Reactions: Theabbot
are you using that on a regular intex pump? may not be enough power for it, I am not sure. but for the wrinkles, somebody needs to get in the pool and get on their hands and knees to keep pushing the wrinkles out to the edges as water is going in. the water should hold the bottom flat after just a couple of inches are in there. any way to use warm water? that might help too. also make sure the ground under was smooth and flat to begin with. one of my larger divots (small canyon?) is from a collapsed gopher tunnel so it is a couple of feet long and abouy 3 inches across and deep. sigh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.