Advice on removing wrinkles

Theabbot

Nov 10, 2019
Jacksonville
I emptied my pool this winter so that I could try to get out 3 large wrinkles at the bottom. The vac was getting caught on the wrinkles too much for my tastes. Well I've tried to figure out a way to get rid of the wrinkles and have been unsuccessful. Lol They are towards the center of the pool, so matter how much I pull on the side, they do not budge. Any advice?

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
what kind of pool? not a great idea to empty regular liner pools, especially if older. the liner will be apt to stretch and tear when you refill. for an intex type, you will probably need to have someone flatten and smooth as you fill. if it has been that way a long time it may not work at all. what kind of vacuum? my silly intex robot goes over some pretty good bumps and divots just fine.

Reactions: Theabbot

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
are you using that on a regular intex pump? may not be enough power for it, I am not sure. but for the wrinkles, somebody needs to get in the pool and get on their hands and knees to keep pushing the wrinkles out to the edges as water is going in. the water should hold the bottom flat after just a couple of inches are in there. any way to use warm water? that might help too. also make sure the ground under was smooth and flat to begin with. one of my larger divots (small canyon?) is from a collapsed gopher tunnel so it is a couple of feet long and abouy 3 inches across and deep. sigh.

mariane

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Southeast Michigan
Sorry Late to the Party.
Get inside using a plunger to pull up on the wrinkle to remove it while filling it with water. It's crazy but it works. I did it last year.