Ocean Springs, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I finally received my Taylor K-2006C Salt kit. I did my first test after the tropical storm finished, after the pool pump had run for about 2 hours. At about 6 am, I had pumped off water from just under my coping to the 2/3rds of skimmer line. I assume most of that was fresh water since the pump hadn't run since the hard rain started at midnight. This took about 15 or 20 min.

6/20/21 about 10 am SWG at 30% with pump run time of 10 hours.
FC 6.6
CC 0.0
pH 7.8
TA 105 (at 10 drops it was barely red, at 11 drops it was bright red so I did the middle number)
CH 250
CYA 70 (this was in between the 60 and 70 line, so I think I round up?)
Salt 3800 (one drop made it a little red, next drop was a brighter red, so I went with the little red at 19 drops)
Temp 80° F
CSI -0.03
I also brushed the pool down, skimmed leaves, and ran the bot.

6/20/21 about 8 am SWG at 30% with pump run time of 10 hours.
FC 4.6
CC 0.1
pH 7.7
TA 95 (at 9 drops it was barely red, at 10 drops it was bright red so I did the middle number)
Temp 82° F

Weird that the TA went down more. Maybe since the pump had time to mix in more of the rain water? Prior to the storm I had suspended a tarp over half the pool to help with temperature since it has been so hot here. That had been up Wed/Th/Fri and then I took it down for the storm. That probably biased my CL usage. Last week I was also stepping down my TA with MA in 15 ppm increments and then using a return fed fountain to aerate my pH back up. I have not done the pooling method.

So now I am feeling pretty good about my numbers. I feel like I want to bring the TA down a little more with MA. Or should I just leave it where it is at? Also, the desktop app and the phone app are conflicting about the ideal CH range. I feel like 250 is good? The phone app says I should be closer to 300, and the desktop Win10 app says 220-320 is ideal which is about where I am.

Any advice? I bumped the SWG up to 35% to see how FCl looks after a couple of days. I know I need to do the overnight test to dial that in but with the weather I feel like it wouldn't be accurate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.