Advice needed

Apr 21, 2017
Pass Christian ms
Well we got concrete around the pool. Inground lazy l spill over hot tub. Built a raised concrete deck 16/30 and a full roof gazebo 10/15 for my outdoor kitchen. Long story short my usual concrete guy had some family issues arise and was not able to do the concrete pour so I outsourced to a guy who does decorative concrete overlays. The concrete is a botched job to put it nicely, terribly finished up to the travertine pool pavers. Dips and raises all over in the slab. I had another contractor look at it and recommend I have the guy bust it all out. I had an intergal color added to the concrete. Color is spot on a nice shade of grey with silver travertine. I really don't want to bust it out as to I have 2 young sons (5 & 1) as to it's a hazard for them. This pool is situated inside the courtyard of the backyard of this house. The guy who did the work originally offered a tinted sealer to cover the damage but after researching and asking around this will be nothing more than a maintenance issue for me. The guy specializes in decorative concrete overlays to give various patterns styles and colors over existing concrete. Beside a pool would you all recommend that or something more like a cool deck coating?

- - - Updated - - -

imagejpeg

Are the travertine pavers free layed (crush base, for example) or are they on the slab? Crush base in MS is going to move eventually and the deck level is going to be off. I think it's critical to get to a uniform level but I'm not sure what application is going to be best. For what you pay in cool crete, I would think you could almost match in a paver install and be much more uniform. Sorry this is not fully baked advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.