pH: 8.2 (yesterday)
TA: 70 (yesterday)
CH: 70 (yesterday)
CYA: 0 (yesterday)
SALT: 3200 (yesterday)
TEMPERATURE: 71° (yesterday)
CSI: -0.29 (yesterday)
=====================================
Pool Math is telling me add 15lbs of CYA and 62lbs of calcium chloride our water here has no calcium apparently.

I added 20 baume MA to lower pH but with Easter festivities did not get to retest. I will tonight and repost. I have a SWG and I am running it 8 hours a day at 70%. As I try to tune in the right amount of run time based on sunlight here is SC.

Is the amount of calcium and CYA something I should add in slowly (I have read about sock method for CYA) and are the suggestions for where to buy CYA since all I seem to see is chlorox for $25 a 5lb tub near me. Also not seeing a lot calcium chloride available in the south.

Thanks

I'd start by adding 30 ppm CYA, and 3 ppm FC, and see if the FC stabilizes.

I'd also double-check the calcium number. It can be done at either a 10 ml sample or a 25 ml sample. If it's a 10 ml sample, then each drop is 25 ppm calcium. If that's all good, then I'd add half the calcium. Pool store will have calcium, and yeh, it's a bit expensive from them!

Adding your test kit (K-2006 or TF-100) to your signature would be helpful.

Took a quick look at the water report for your area - states 30 ppm CH for your fill water. So you will need calcium chloride around. Plus you might consider using Cal Hypo for chlorinating.

Amazon has calcium chloride - $30 for 25lbs. Check your pool stores and see what they charge.
Be careful of De-Icers, they tend to have too much Na and Mg in them, plus some have sand.

Thanks everyone. I added my test kits and reran full TF-100 again here are my numbers.

========================================
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 0.5 (56 seconds ago)
CC: 0.5 (56 seconds ago)
pH: 7.9 (56 seconds ago)
TA: 80 (56 seconds ago)
CH: 175 (56 seconds ago)
CYA: 0 (56 seconds ago)
SALT: 3200 (56 seconds ago)
TEMPERATURE: 75° (56 seconds ago)
CSI: -0.10 (56 seconds ago)
========================================
Good call needsajet on the calcium retest clearly I mis calculated. I am flying through chlorine with my SWG. Are you guys saying add calhypo to the pool to boost free chlorine then run the SWG like normal to maintain.

And I clearly need calcium and CYA and can get both from puritech on Amazon.

Thanks a ton to all.

... I am flying through chlorine with my SWG. Are you guys saying add calhypo to the pool to boost free chlorine then run the SWG like normal to maintain.

And I clearly need calcium and CYA and can get both from puritech on Amazon.
The Cal-Hypo will add FC AND calcium :) (check PoolMath to see how much to add)
It will kill "2 birds with 1 powder" ;)
You could also use some pucks if you have a good deal nearby, as you need both components at the moment (CYA, FC), just note it will dissolve slowly, so it won't show up in tests right away

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.